Playing Cupid

Jessica's POV

After a week of camping, hiking, fishing, and snuggling with Max I was ready to go home and meet the boys. I was in the truck with Max when I got a call from James one of the boys on the team and one of the ones that saved me I picked it up.

Ja=James

J=Jessica

Ja=Hey Jess do you think when you get back from your trip maybe you can come over to my place and help me with something?

J=Alone?

Ja=Yeah it's nothing bad it's just something I think you could help me with better than the boys could

J=Girl trouble?

Ja=Sorta Kinda it's along those lines

J=Ok i'll be there in 15

Ja=K thanks a million

"Who was that ?" Max asked as soon as I hung up. "no one just a friend anyways I need you to drop me off at this friends house" "Guy or Girl?" he asks "Guy" I answer he looks at me then says "Can I come with?" I say "no Max baby trust me ok he's not going to try anything ok he just has something he wants to talk about and needs an unbiased female's opinion ok?" Max nods his head then I tell him where to drive and he drops me off but before I get out he says "if he tries something call me I will be here in a heartbeat" i say "ok baby relax" I walk up to the door and knock James comes out and I walk inside he ushers me to the couch and sits next to me I speak up and say "James what's up?" he says "i'm gayhhrhof" not being able to understand I say "what?" he says "i'm gay" I say "ok and what's the problem?" he starts crying and i rub my hand on his back and he says "I don't know how the boys will react and I hate pretending to be someone i'm not but I don't want to lose the guys you guys are all I got. My Parents died when I was 14 so I live here all alone." I look him in the eyes and say "listen James I get it ok I really do but you can't be afraid you've got to be brave" he looks at me then says "but what is bravery?" I sigh and say "bravery is being the only one who knows your afraid" he nods his head and then says "ok I will tell them tonight but only if you will stay beside me" i say "every step of the way I will I got your back" he smiles then calls the team and tells them to come over. When everyone gets here Max looks angry that I was already here so while the guys are talking about the next game Max pulls me aside and whisper yells "why were you already here?" i say "because he was the friend that needed help Max relax I have you and I don't plan on leaving any time soon" he nods then kisses me I walk back in the room and sit by James. Max looks absolutely confused as does everyone else but I say "no i'm not having an affair with James, James " I give him a go ahead gesture and he says "imgayyouguys" they all look at him like huh? then he says "i'm gay" then puts his head in his hands. Everyone sits there shocked until he gets up and runs to his room and locks himself in there. Max says "why did he run into his bed room?" I say "because you dim wits you know how hard that was and you can't even tell him if you guys except him he has been stressing all day about what you guys will think and when you guys said nothing he probably thinks ya'll were shunning him or giving him the silent treatment." they look at me with saddened eyes then I hear James let out a big sob so I stand up and the boys do to so I say "stay here let me talk to him first" I walk over there and his door was locked so I ram my shoulder into the door and it opens staying on the hinge then I see him sitting in the corner wrapped up in a comforter sobbing and he says "you should stay away or they'll shun you to" I say "none of them shunned you they are just so shocked ok none of them saw this coming and when I explained why you ran up upset they all tried to walk over here but I wouldn't let you I had to talk to you first please just let them come in and tell you what they were thinking" he nods his head as he dries his tears and then Blake ran in shoving me out of the way and hugs James and I immediately knew Blake likes James #Jlake. Then everyone joins in the group hug and then Blake says "We all except you we all love you were all bro's for life" then all the guys backed up and James says "enough tears let's go watch a movie" we ended up watching Mockingjay Part 2 since we all saw the others then it was me, Blake and James still up after the movie ended I loved watching them sneak peaks at each other while the other wasn't looking then I had enough I said in a loud but soft whisper "Blake and James get your skinny little behinds in the kitchen" they stood up and followed me into the kitchen. When we got there I said in my southern drawl "ya'll listen and ya'll listen good  I can see you both like each other ya'll are checking each other out while your on opposite sides of the room just go out k?" they nodded then James said "Blake will you go out with me this Friday?" Blake says "yes" then jumps up and down fangirling saying "OMG! OMG! OMG! the hottest guy in the world is going out with me yay!" then I snapped and he realized he wasn't alone then blushed I said  "I'll leave you two to it " then I walked out and crawled back in Max's arms and fell asleep.