9 - Training With Interesting Results.

“So...how’d it end up to...this?” Phoenix asked curiously, pointing at the large blue black mark that was throbbing in the middle of Arma’s forehead. Zessica had one too, though it was concealed under her long ivory bangs and considering that she was dozing off on Stab’s left lap peacefully, it looked as if she had been knocked out to whatever the source of the bruises were.

Arma sighed irritated, leaning his head back at one the large trees that was located at the side of the school campus. It was recess and Zatch had the brilliant idea of hanging out at the area where they were at to chat. Well, for Arma it was a brilliant idea since spending so much time cramped up in one seat throughout the whole semester was tiring. Phoenix continued to stare at Arma, persistent to rub off her annoying presence at him. Eventually, the tall lad gave in and answered back.

“I swear Zessica is the devil in disguise. She may look innocent but she is the queen of mischief. I mean, she would even make Zatch to have a run for his money”

It had been only a week since Arma forcibly made Zessica to live with him. Reason one; she was living in a dump that had been non-stopped and highly dangerous and reason two being that they were partners now. It was a bit odd to have someone to live under the same roof with him but he was soon pressing his forehead against Zessica with angry eyes and hers being impassive in return.

Like for example, that morning. Arma woke up groggily once more with less sleep as usual. Yawning, he was making his way out of the room and stared at the slightly ajar door questioningly. With his mind not completely synched to his intelligence yet, Arma pulled the door wide open, causing something heavy to land on his head and white powder flying everywhere. This had woken up Arma thoroughly and he quickly scanned around, seeing himself covered with white flour from head to toe.

Several veins throbbing at the prank, he instantly marched down the golden spiral staircase. His footsteps were so fierce; it was a miracle that the staircase withstood it all. He stopped at the kitchen and glared at the culprit who was almost nodding off to sleep while eating breakfast.

“Zzzzessssiiiiicaaaaaa!” Arma bellowed loudly, causing her to slowly sit up straight. She turned one sleepy eye at Arma, stared at him for a minute before returning to munch on her breakfast again. This action made more of Arma’s patience and tolerance to snap, which eventually lead him to leaving both of them with bruises on their foreheads as of now.

“Pfft! I would have understood if she had placed a bucket of ice water wedged between the door and the door frame but flour? Hehehe” Zatch chuckled lightly resting his back on the tree again. All four of them were under the shade of the tree, watching the other students having picnics on the campus. Arma could only groan internally at Zatch’s statement.

“Well, you shouldn’t have head-butted her too hard. I mean just look at her, she looks completely knocked out” Stabs whispered softly, reminding the other three that the tiny girl was asleep. Stabs had noticed that she seemed a bit woozy and had offered his lap for her to doze off much to Arma’s surprise. It seemed lately that Zessica and BackStabber had been getting along in good terms. He didn’t know about Zatch and Phoenix’s statuses yet though.  

Phoenix inched herself closer to the snoozing girl and gently rustled her hair tenderly. She smiled and giggled lightly when Zessica seemed to respond but lightly turned her head by a fraction.

“She really looks like a kid huh? Her hair is so smooth and silky too... I thought it would be...sort of dry since it had that look on her” Phoenix noted, twirling another strand of Zessica’s hair to circles.

“Well she is a girl Phoenix...” Arma added sarcastically but somewhat agreeing what Phoenix had said secretly. After all, he was in her spot a week ago.