Epilogue

~*Epilogue*~

Arma smiled at the players who acknowledged him warmly while leaning against the wall and watching them dance the night away. The stadium was dark with dim lights of blue and purple. Dozens of circular tables were placed at two adjacent walls and they were filled with confectionary and sugary delicacies along with beverages and refreshments and the music was blasted on to the maximum volume. If one would have guessed by now, it was a celebration party for the five representatives that had the chance to go through the real Blessed Combat.

Placing them into slots had proved to be difficult since both Arma and Ophelia and withdrawn. After heavy discussion between the hosts and the Boss who everyone has yet to see, the slots came down in a peculiar fashion. Alois received the fifth place while Euphino got fourth. Arma, Sophie and Ophelia had received the title of second place. This year, there wasn’t anyone holding the title of neither first nor third place.

Of course Zessica was slightly annoyed at Arma to withdraw so submissively just because she wasn’t there to accompany him. However, after a while of being ‘angry’ at him, she soon gave in since it had already happened and she had no choice but to accept it. However, Arma could tell she was slightly feeling flattered about Arma withdrawing just for her from the way her cheeks flamed up lightly every time they brought that topic up.

Speaking of her, Arma chuckled as Zessica went another round of caramel pudding, betting against Alois that she can eat it faster than him. Alois, utterly confused and lost, could only accept the challenge heatedly and start their glutton race. Seeing them from afar, Arma can’t help but feel an awkward tug at the corner of his lips when he realised those two very much looked like twelve to thirteen years old, Alois being fourteen at the most. To think they were both sixteen...ince everyone had to be dressed up formally for the celebration party, Zessica wore a simple pale green dress with a small bow at her back.

On contrast with the dress, she wore her handicap boots which goes past her ankles and had three buckles. She had to wear them because when she arrived to the Final Trial, she still hadn’t recovered fully and in those five minute play, she really strained herself. Her ivory black hair had grown a bit so Phoenix had managed to tie it in an elegant braid with some pearls stuck on them expertly.  Even though she looked no older than twelve, Arma’s chest still grew warm with the sight of her. To him, she would always look charming no matter the height was.

Alois seemed to be wearing a white, long sleeved, buttoned up coat with red linings and black pants with a checkered pattern the bottom. He too, was wearing handicapped boots with the same three buckles too. For a moment, they looked like siblings but Arma couldn’t find any resemblance between them accept from their short height. Right now, Arma could tell Zessica won the fastest caramel pudding eater and Alois trying for another round.

On the dancing area, Arma caught Sophie dancing with her brother but from their expressions, it was obvious that Caterpillar was making her do it against her will. There was a scowl on her elegant face while Caterpillar either remained oblivious or he enjoyed her reluctance just a bit too much. Sophie was wearing an elegant black evening dress with a right knee high slit where it glimmered bright from her upper torso. Her long silver hair was tucked back in a French braided crown twist bun. She wasn’t the pretty nerd she looked in her Team profile picture, she was beyond that now.