22 - The Road To Recovery And Discoveries.

A week had passed since Ophelia had beaten both Arma and Zessica to a pulp and no one had dared to mention anything to do with the trials when the two of them were present. When Arma woke up, he had some time trying to get used to the idea of having to wear a sling and plaster and for a few days he was slightly forgetful. Fortunately, the week after their horrible disaster event, Arma and Zessica was back in shape with the tall lad having bandages reaching from the wrist to the elbow.

The day before summer vacation, at lunch, Phoenix decided to visit their class and check how they were going through. Of course that meant dragging Zatch by the ear from her class and fetching Stabs in two Years above. She ignored the complaints from Zatch who was going on about why should he tag along too just because she is scared to go alone which earned a reasonable statement that it’s because she was worried from Stabs.

All three of them stood before the class door and Phoenix exhaled out a long sigh. She could feel her fingers quavering furiously from the nerves. Why she had them was beyond what she could comprehend and ponder over at the moment. Placing a firm grip on the doorknob, Phoenix cautiously opened it, barely enough for all three of them to peek in.

To their surprise, Arma was talking something over with Zessica who placed her chair in front of Arma’s desk. The short girl pointed some things on Arma’s book and then pointed pencil at Arma, explaining something that the tall lad couldn’t understand. It took him a full minute of processing before nodding in conclusion that he had understood. As they continued to talk over the lessons, there were times where he would slump back in his chair and groan lightly, begging Zessica to give him some slack.

In these cases, Zessica would usually remark back with a polite insult or tell him several good reasons why she is not going to do so. That day, she gave him the latter but it was evident that the charm she had back then was no longer there and everything she uttered out of her lips were empty and dead. There was still that awkward atmosphere between the two mismatched partners and both of them were forcing themselves to act normal to each other.

“I spy with my little eye, three stalkers before my beloved Zessy~” Phoenix, Stabs and Zatch almost jumped out of their skins and turned to find a smirking Euphino watching from behind. He looked like his normal teasing self with the exception of him not having his smirk quite reach his eyes. Phoenix tried to catch her breath before scowling at the curly haired lad.

“We aren’t stalking your imaginary girlfriend Euphino. Really. Get a life. We were worried about them.” Euphino almost dropped his smirk, almost but held it in at the last second. He placed his hands in his jacket pocket before walking towards the Team of three. He leaned sideways a bit, stealing a peek at the two broken players before settling his gaze on the three before him again.

“Not much improvement huh? Well...summer is around the corner so I would be merciful with all five of you...why not join me to the beach that I happened to have an Uncle who owns it?” All three of the trio blinked simultaneously at the curly haired lad. Euphino almost chuckled, baffled at how all three of them did that in synchronisation. It was almost funny. Almost two seconds later, Euphino’s eyes widen when Phoenix grabbed both his hands, clasping it tightly with her warm ones.

“Really? Would you do that? Let us join you? I mean this would be a great opportunity for both of those idiots to finally get over the trauma and maybe try again next year!” Phoenix squealed lightly, her red hair bouncing excitedly on her shoulders. She had a hundred watt winning smile that suit well with her round face, almost making her look like a child. Euphino was flabbergasted when he realised that he was blushing slightly before glancing away from Phoenix.

“U-uh...You are welcome...I guess?” The curly haired lad answered awkwardly. He turned to find the guy in glasses, Zatch, narrowing his eyes in disapproval at him. Euphino wasn’t sure if it’s the fact that he invited them over to a beach or that he had caught him blushing slightly at his team mate. Whatever it was, Euphino wasn’t in the mood to face a battle of the wits and remarks against the guy in glasses yet. Stabs on the other hand share Phoenix’s enthusiasm.