36 - Virus And The Bad News.

Arma woke up in a daze, trying to recall what happened last night as his vision slowly adjusted into focus. Everything was so foggy that it was like he was staring a deep never ending black pit. He could remember being drunk and going outside at one point because there were stars, or was it his imagination?

That’s when he realised that he was not alone when a soft barely audible snore drifted to his ears, shattering his foggy vision to an abrupt sharp and proper vision.

Heart in his throat, he glanced sideways to find a mop of ivory black hair. Grey eyes travelled downward to peer at the innocent, sleeping face of none one other than Zessica. For a moment, he wondered if everyone looked younger as they slept, more tolerable and incapable of trouble. He wondered why they she was sleeping on his arm as a makeshift pillow with one arm over his chest when all the fogginess of the memory block cleared away, drowning him of memories of all the embarrassing things he had done while intoxicated at the time when he followed small drunk Zessica outside. He blushed furiously when he remembered the kiss but he contemplated lying back down.

Now he remembered why she was there. By the time he went home, Sophie and Feyone had already placed everyone back in to separate bedrooms which was free on the second floor while Zatch placed an unconscious Phoenix on the sofa. Sophie and Feyone was about to catch up to him but it seemed like they didn’t have to worry now. That’s when Arma carried a dozed off Zessica up the stairs to her room. He had placed her on the bed and someway along that line; he must have passed out too. He felt pathetic at himself, sleeping next to the girl just by passing out when he felt the sensation of the bed within his touch. Still if he hadn’t passed out, he would have missed the opportunity to watch the girl sleep.

‘...Cute...’ Arma thought, chuckling as Zessica exhaled out a soft inaudible snore. It felt nice to have Zessica dozing on his arm, to be completely vulnerable and trusting him to keep her safe, enveloped in the warmth. Arma liked this way more than he supposed to or would like to admit, and the thought of it made his cheeks grow into flames.

He decided to try and shimmy out of her weak grip while not waking her in the process, recalling that there were guest in his home. If one of them, either Phoenix of Euphino caught him like this, no doubt they would misunderstand something horribly and he would end up having burnt marks with bruises decorated all over his body. The thought of having Euphino and Phoenix teaming up together was enough to make him shudder.

Taking her arm gently, Arma slowly lifted it from his chest and tried to wriggle his arm free. He managed to succeed in both departments he shuffled backwards, a grave mistake. Unbeknownst to him, he was at the edge of the bed. So when he stepped back, he landed on his rear end without fail, taking the covers with him on his journey to the floor. A pained moan escaped from his lips and somewhere along the unfortunate event, Zessica bolted upward from bed, her hair dishevelled in a groggily manner which blocked her view. 

“Ow...Shoot...” Arma hissed lightly, rubbing his sore back.

“Are you okay?” Zessica asked, her voice very deep with sleep. She opened her eyes and brought one hand up to wipe the dreariness away. Panic flared but he quickly corrected himself. Last night, nothing had happened. They both fell asleep pretty quickly. She was still wearing the hoodie and black shorts she wore yesterday, meaning they both had went outside while she was in her home attire. Looking at himself, Arma realised he was still wearing jeans and a grey shirt even with the sneakers on.