2

"How are your eggs?" Rory asked as she was sat at a table in Luke's with Charlotte and Lorelai.

"They're good." Lorelai said.

"Charlie?" Rory asked.

"Mine are still good too." Charlotte smirked.

"I'm glad." Rory said sarcastically.

"Look freak you're not going to be late!" Lorelai said.

"I want to get there early." Rory said.

"Really? We would never have guessed." Charlotte joked getting a glare from Rory in return. She laughed. "Come on Ror! We'll leave in a bit and I can definitely say we will get there early." She said.

"I'm sorry. I'm just excited. I have new classes and want to find the quickest route." Rory said.

"Alright, I'll go pay now." Lorelai smirked.

"I'll come with you. I want to swipe a doughnut for the bus journey." Charlotte said following her mom up to the counter just as Taylor came in with a group of young boys.

"Right form a line and each of you will place your order separately and then proceed to the back of the line." Taylor said authoritatively.

"I want a burger." One of the boys said.

"I want a grilled cheese. And I want fries and make them extra crispy." Another boy said.

"I want mine crispy too." The first boy said.

"You didn't order fries!" The second boy accused him.

"So?" The first boy retorted.

"So you can't order crispy fries before first ordering fries." Luke butted in.

"Why not?" The boy asked.

"Because you can't make something crispy that didn't exist in the first place." Luke said.

"Why not?" The boy repeated.

"Get him away from me Taylor." Luke said gruffly.

"Now have some respect Luke! These boys just completed their first leg of their outdoor survival training."

"Meaning you had them sit under a tree for two hours and made them glue rocks together." He said.

"You're a very jaded man Luke, what happened to you as a kid?"

"Some man in creepy shorts and knee high socks made me sit down under a tree for two hours gluing rocks together." Luke said. "Put that down." He told the seond boy as he lifted the lid to the doughnuts.

"Why?" The boy asked.

"Because otherwise you're going under it."

"I won't fit."

"Oh yes you will." Luke said.

"Hey..uh..doughnuts please!" Lorelai butted in.

"Hey we were first!" The first boy exclaimed.

"On earth?" Charlotte chipped in.

"Huh?" The boy said confused.

"Exactly!" Charlotte said. "Three doughnuts with chocolate sprinkles please!"

They were interrupted by the diner phone ringing causing everyone to groan. "Pipe down will you?!" Luke grumbled answering the phone.
Charlotte went round the back of the counter, grabbed a bag and started to put three doughnuts in it.

"Hey Mr Doose, she's not allowed to do that!" One of the boys said pointing to Charlotte.

"You're right. She's not. She's breaking the rules and if you break the rules, you will get in trouble and be very upset." Taylor said.