25

Rory and Charlotte were resting their heads on the kitchen table very early on Saturday morning.

"Could you please just make some coffee?" Lorelai called from the other room.

"No! We're not doing anything for you ever!" Charlotte shouted.

"Don't be mad." Lorelai called.

"You set our alarm for 5:15 a.m!" Rory exclaimed.

"I know, but I did it for purely practical reasons." Lorelai said walking into the kitchen.

"Which are?" Rory asked.

"My alarm is just not as reliable as your screams." She joked.

"You will pay." Rory scowled.

"I hate you." Charlotte mumbled.

"That's fine, girls. Now, coffee?" She grinned.

"Tell me again why we have to get up at this hour." Charlotte grumbled.

"Because Luke wants to make the most of the day and besides we're coming home tomorrow. We want as much time there as possible."

"Here's the coffee." Rory scowled at her mother before giving a mug to Charlotte as well.

"I love you." Charlotte exclaimed sipping the coffee.

Just then the doorbell rang.

"That'll be Tristan." Rory said heading towards the door. She opened it and sure enough, there was Tristan stood on the porch. "You're not a bed."

"Someone's cranky." Tristan smirked.

"We're all cranky." Charlotte said appearing from the kitchen. "Because someone decided to set our alarm earlier than it needed to be set."

"Ah..." Tristan said. "I will try not to feel too unloved then by that welcome." He joked.

"Sorry." Rory said smirking slightly. "Hi." She said again, giving him a kiss.

"Hi." He smiled following them through to the living room.

The doorbell rang again causing Lorelai to rush through from the kitchen. "Showtime!" She said, opening the door to find Luke and Jess stood there.

"Hi." Luke smiled.

"Hey!" Lorelai smiled giving him a quick kiss.

"Coffee and donuts." He said holding up a takeout bag.

"I love you!" Lorelai exclaimed.

"I assumed you've already had coffee but thought I wouldn't hear the end of it if I didn't bring any." He said.

"Yeah well I've actually only had half a mug because some people refused to make me any!" She said as she led them through to the living room.

"Because you set our alarm just so we would wake you up!" Charlotte said. "And don't think you're off the hook!" She said pointing at Luke. "I knew it was your idea to leave this early." She scowled.

"Good morning to you too." Luke smirked.

"Seems to be a good morning for just the two of you then..." Jess grumbled.

"Aw what's up with you?" Lorelai asked.

"He set my alarm an hour early." Jess scowled.

"Because you take like an hour getting ready! I didn't want us to be late!" Luke said.

"Whatever." Jess grumbled sleepily.

"Ok let's get going. You guys can sleep in the car." He said.