6

Lorelai, Charlotte and Rory were busy making a snowman in the middle of the square.

"How do you like that mouth?" Lorelai asked, making finishing touches to it.

"It's not very mouthlike." Rory said doubtfully.

"At all!" Charlotte agreed.

"Oh, I think it works." Lorelai shrugged.

"It's tilted to the side!" Rory pointed out.

"Yeah, but that was intentional. It gives her a unique expression." Lorelai joked.

"Like she had a stroke?" Charlotte chipped in.

"Fine!" Lorelai relented. "I'll just use the Mrs. Potato Head lips."

"No, forget it, leave it. It's not like we're going to win this anyway." Rory said.

"Whoa, bad attitude!" Lorelai said.

"Come on Mom! We all know that is the single most incredible snowman we have ever seen." Charlotte said gesturing to the man working on an elaborate snow sculpture behind them.

"No I'm sorry, that snowman is way over the top. It's way too showy." Lorelai shook her head.

"That's kind of the point of a snowman-building contest." Rory pointed out.

"Urgh, I hate this man with every fibre of my being." Lorelai grimaced as he gave them a smile.

"He looks nice." Rory said.

"He's a ringer."

"How do you know that?"

"It's obvious. Someone must have recruited him, promised him a handsome sum of money, then financed his snowman making skills just so he could snatch victory away from a more deserving local of the town in order to bag the contest prize for himself." Lorelai said.

"Uh mom? That seems a little elaborate considering that the prize is a set of new US quarters." Charlotte smirked.

"Urgh, well we should ignore him now." Lorelai said. "So, what are we all going to do on your school break?" She smiled at them.

"Nothing." Rory said.

"Sounds good." Lorelai nodded.

"Plus some homework." Rory added.

"And lots of movies." Lorelai grinned.

"Ooh, we have to rent Godfather 3 on DVD." Rory exclaimed.

"You're kidding." Lorelai laughed.

"No! In the audio commentary, Coppola actually defends casting Sofia." Rory grinned.

"Now that is fatherly love." Lorelai said. "What's all this homework you have to do?" She asked.

"Just stuff for the paper." Rory sighed.

"What? Why?"

"Because Paris wants the first issue back to be a double issue, so we have to prepare it over break and she says the news never sleeps."

"What about Paris, does she ever sleep?" Lorelai joked.

"I think she periodically makes a whirring noise and then just shuts down. Like a computer." Rory joked.

"Well, you can't work the whole time." Lorelai complained.

"I won't, I promise." Rory assured her.

Lorelai then looked at Charlotte. "You've gone pretty quiet. Any plans for your school break apart from spending every waking minute with your fabulous mother and sister, of course!" She grinned.