4

H a n a n

"Innaillahi wa Inna ilahi rajiun, Abba please don't get me married to a man I don't know." cried a dainty lady.

"Shut up you stupid girl, you won't tell me what to do. I know the reason why I chose you among your siblings and this alliance has already been fixed and nothing can break it, Insha Allah. This has always been our dream I and my oldest friend,  we've always wanted to build a stronger relationship between us by joining a lineage to promote our family friendship. That's why as your grandfather, I give your hand in marriage to Zayd faeeiz, Alhaji faeeiz grandson, you can now leave." Grandpa said looking the other way.

I slowly got up, still sobbing, and went to my room,  entered the restroom, and performed ablution. Meanwhile, my mother sat on my bed and looked at me when I came out. She handed me my hijab (prayer scarf ) and watched me pray. "Taqabball Allah." she said."Minna wa minkum." I replied.

There was a smile in her eyes as she looked at me.
My eyes suddenly became watery, she quickly rushed and hugged me telling me everything will be ok mama na (that's what she calls me) because I have her mother's name.

She helped me stood up and made me sit on the bed. She sat down beside me and examined me for a while. It got me more confused and sad.

"Now that you're all calm after praying I would want you to listen to me till the end." She nodded and looked at her.
"Look Hanan, I would love for you to please accept this marriage as your fate for your grandfather's sake, please I'm asking you this as your mother. Do me a favor because after the death of your father, your grandfather has been the only support we have in this Dunya." Mama explained taking a hold of my hand.

"You see, you're your grandfather's favorite and every single day he thinks about you." she continued.
"Mama I also care more about him." I silently whispered. She nodded and held my face "Ok then wipe your tears and show it. I'll start preparing because my baby is soon to be a bride."

What have I gotten myself into??

.....

"Malika you're not going anywhere for wankan jego." said hajiya Sauda, Malika's mummy.

Malika's eyebrows furrowed in misunderstanding.

"because you have to stay by ur husband's side and keep an eye on him so that even after the wedding he wouldn't go to his bride's place before she snatches him away from you. You know your husband loves you that's why you have sit up and make sure no bitch comes in your love. I will be sending kubra to come and stay with you, I think that would be better." She bobbed her head.

"Yes, better mummy, because I can't stand to see my husband with his female colleague talkless of his soo called soon to be wife. But mummy, I think tsoho has forgotten about the alliance or his going to change the groom to be since zayd is now busy with his new baby."

"hmmm, let's just pray so." Hajiya sauda answered.

"That's why I love you, mummy."
"I love you too my baby." Hajiya Sauda smiled and puller Malika into a deep hug. She then started to advise malika more on how to take more care of her husband.

......

What do you think about this chapter so far? Allah sarki Hanan, I can't imagine being forced into a marriage wallah.

If its a hit then please vote, comment, and follow.
-Fatima🥀