7

Z a y d

I was in my room playing my little princess afnan when malika walked in dressed in a top with a short. She was holding a tray of samosa and a tumbler of hibiscus drink.

She dropped it beside me on the bedside drawer and settled beside me on the bed. I sat up, passed afnan to her and drank my drink.

"Uhmm...Malika."
"Naam."
"You know about the business trip that I'm going." "Yes." She mumbled. "I'm thinking about traveling with you and afnan."

"Wow! darling. That's such an amazing idea." She hugged me. "Finally i would get to spend a long time with my husband without anyone bothering us." Malika beamed also grabbing a piece of samosa.

"Well I'm still giving it a thought but insha Allah by next week i would inform tsoho about my plan then we would leave ok?" I assured stroking her hair, she nodded.

That's how we spent the rest of the day chatting, praying and so on and so forth.
I almost forgot about my other so called wife.

H a n a n

"Ya huda!" I beamed, "hello ya huda, how are you?" I asked as soon as i answered the call.

"I'm fine and babyn daddy how are you too?" She asked. "I'm perfectly fine, ya huda where is affan?" I asked stuffing some mashed potatoes that my in-laws had brought for me into my mouth.

"He is with his father as usual and you know. So how is marriage life?"

I held back my tears and yet again stuffed my face with food, "fine."

" ya huda injin dai kuna hanya as promised ko(ya huda I hope you are on the way)" I asked getting up to refill my cup of coffee.

"Yeah insha Allah but I'm bringing hanifa with me and i hope you won't mind?"

"Of course, why not?" I smiled. Hanifa is ya huda's two years old step daughter, and I absolutely love and adore her because she is just so cute, polite and sometimes naughty.

We chatted with ya huda for a while before i disconnected the call and headed back to my room, "I'm alone in this big house and now I'm scared. Oh Allah help me." I prayed ywiping my tears.

2 hours later.

Ya huda, Yusra and ya Amma arrived 5mins ago and were currently in my living room upstairs while i was downstairs with affan and hanifa playing hide and seek. "Alright my babies lets go and have our lunch, i know you are both tired and exhausted."

We walked back upstairs. I served us the food ya amma brought and sat with them.

"hanan kinsan aunt maryam ta haihu(hanan do you know that aunt maryam has given birth)"yusra asked munching on the chicken wings I made.

I looked at sister's with a huge smile, "Dan Allah? I can't believe it, shine ko a kira ni a gayamin."

Yusra rolled her eyes, "We wouldn't dare to ruin your special night yesterday, and if we did only Allah knows what ya Zayed would have done to us."

I rolled my eyes, "whatever mai ta samu na miji ko mace(what did she give birth to a boy or a girl?" I asked feeding affan the wings.

"It's a girl, and do you know who she would be named after?" Ya Amma asked breastfeeding her 9 months old baby boy Muhammad Ashraf. He is a cute chubby and naughty boy he doesn't allow anybody to touch him unless his mother and sometimes father.

"No, is it perhaps Niima? " I asked grinning. "No, she would be named after her paternal aunt, aunt mahra do you perhaps remember her that bulky lady? Uncle Abdullahi's favorite aunt."

"That aunt mahra the angry bird."
They laughed, "Yes."
"The name is nice sha, so when and where is the naming ceremony going to take place?" I asked trying to collect baby ashraf from his mother's arm but he refused, letting out a loud wail.

"Oh Allah this boy, dan yama samu ina so in dauke shi, shine yake mini iskanchi ko to nagode, duk ya amma taja data bari yafara kwiya haka." I pouted.

Ya amma cuddled her stubborn baby who was trying to fall asleep. "Whatever."

We continued chatting and gisting until it was time for them to to leave. "Ya huda please don't leave mana toh toh spend at least another five minutes here please."

Ya amma hugged me "daman fa we came here to bring food for you ne not to stay for long so have patience because insha Allah we would meet again very soon."

They all hugged me before leaving. I entered my room, and yet again cried my heart out.

I can't believe it I'm left here all alone in this big house again. I walked back to my bedroom where i called mama on the phone after about 15 minutes she disconnected the call saying she doesn't want to disturb the both of us.

After the phone call, i decided to call my grandfather to greet him.

                           —————

What do you think about this chapter? Do you think hanan can be able to cope with her new life? Follow me to find out more.

-Fatima🥀