9

2 weeks later

Life started changing with farha here, we became best of friends we do everything together but my problem is that ever since she came, zayd as usual didn't even set a foot into the house and yes I heard her on the phone with him last week, he is back. She is sure suspecting something. Whenever she asks about him, I just give her an excuse.

Farha went to malika's house early in the morning today, but before going out she asked me to go with her, but i rejected saying my head was aching.

And now, I am currently in my parlor drinking fura da nono and watching a korean drama called 'descendant of the sun'. My phone started ringing. I paused the film, and grabbed my phone. It was my brother calling. "Assalamu Alaikum yaya,"
"Waalaikum Assalam hananu, how are you?"
I frowned at the nickname and said, "I'm fine, you?"
"I'm fine. How is your husband?"
"He is fine, how is mama and everyone at home?"
He smiled, "They are all fine, when are visiting home?"
"Iyyeh, did someone miss me?" She smiled. "Yes, kinda."
"Nima I miss home gaskiya."

I was on the phone when farha barged in. She looked angry. I tried to concentrate on what he was saying but couldn't so i just bid him goodbye.

"Farha." I said, "Farha is something wrong?" I asked stepping closer to her.
She moved away saying, "Hanan, you have being lying to us, to the family."

"What do you mean?" Now i am getting confused and nervous.
She looked at me with tears in her eyes, "ya zayd has never even set a foot in this house, you have never even set your eyes on him?" She asked more like said. Tears filled my eyes.

"He is always with his other wife, discriminating between you two, and you just play along like a fool. You let him deceive you and ruin your life at the same time." —"he is always with malika and has never been here, for you. Allah ya sama he knows you and you know him."

"How the hell did you let this happen hanan, you are not the same cheerful and confident lady i know before hanan. He is there enjoying his life with his first wife and you are here struggling." she stopped to let out the breath that she has being holding. She wiped her tears and continued.

"Let me ask you this simple question hanan." She started pacing around. I nodded.

"Is this how you are planning on living your life as a married woman? As a married woman who doesn't even know her husband. Hanan its been a month and you don't even know him" she stopped yet again to wipe the tears that fell on her cheek away.

"Farha its not what..." I started. I wish she would just try to understand, I also don't know why I cover up for him. I don't know why I haven't reported him. He is ruining my life, but all I do is just sit and cry.

"No hanan, you are going keep quiet and let me do the talking today. You have been lying to the elders, your family and also my family. You commit a sin daily by lying, and he is there living peacefully with his wife. Hanan I'm not going to let this continue."

I started crying pleading with her, "Farha don't do this, zayd doesn't love me. I'm not going to force him you know and I'm only doing this for peace sake please don't..... " She didn't let me finish, as she walked away.

I stayed there and cried for some couple of minutes, before i ran to farha's room. I pushed the door, only to come find her packing. Subhanallah Farha is PACKING!

I started panicking, "Farha please don't do this," I grabbed her. "Please don't do this, please forgive me. Don't leave." Farha shook her head. "Please don't tell the elders, I will get in trouble. Please." Farha swung around, pulled me with her and sat down on the bed.

"Hanan I love you as a sister and i trust you too, i also know that you are not at fault. You just wanted to protect your marital status. But you made a big mistake, you lied just to protect..... " I stopped farha by softly grabbing her hand.

"I lied to protect myself farha, I didn't want to hurt my family. Please don't say anything to tsoho or my family, I promise to tell them everything when the time is right please farha i promise."

"And when is that?"
"Very soon insha Allah."

Instead of saying a word, farha just stared at me. "Please farha say something, your silence is killing me."

"I will think about it but it would take time. I can't stay here and watch you suffer without doing anything to help you, so i would just stay at Adda walida's house before i finish the thinking."

As soon as she finished talking, she stood up, picked her luggage and walked out. I sat there memorizing farha's word and the last thing i heard was farha's car leaving the compound. She left me all alone and lonely. Yet again. So this is how my life going to be, people come and go in my life.

                          ——————

The story is getting more interesting. So what do you think, would farha just sit and watch her brother treat hanan terribly, or would she stand up and take action?

Please vote,
comment and of course follow.
Thank you.

-Fatima🥀