chapter 1 - Miss 'Legs For Days'

A/N hey my lovelies! as you can see, option two on my other fic won. so im posting 'addicted' here as a full story. (people who have no idea what im talking abt, see my profile for where i originally posted this in the fic 'love on the brain' :) 

i decided to post the first two parts as chapter one, and i probs wont delete them from the other fic either. anyways enjoy! the rest (ie the smut chapter) ill post here in a short while xx and the new chap to this will be posted tomorrow! 

- jas 

-

It starts with Lauren realising that oh, to go to college you need money. To get money you need a job. To get a job you need skills.

She can sing, make a mean milkshake, but really? An ice cream parlour?

The girl who wears a leather jacket and visits every third day ordering a banana split though, it makes the minimum wage kinda super worth it.

-

"And a rainbow double scoop for the little guy!"

Lauren smiles down at the small kid, who looks up at her with a toothy grin as he takes the cone from the older girl's hand. It's hot, it's so fucking hot, how didn't she realise the middle of Summer would bring every man and his dog to the small ice cream shop on the corner? One that she, unbelievably, works at half of the week?

But hey, it's like okay pay; Lauren can roll with it for now. Doesn't stop her from dropping the over the top smile as the boy and his mum leave the shop, the bell ringing as Lauren groans as she fans herself.

Fuck it she thinks; as the brunette takes the company uniforms shirt and unbuttons the bottom three buttons, tying it at her stomach. Her goddamn makeup is practically melting from her face, she's pretty sure when she pressed her face up against one of the fridges outback, it left the imprint of her filled in eyebrows on the glass.

And Ally, her manager, can reprimand her later for the uniform alteration. It's hot. And the tiny fan that sits on the counter is doing fuck all.

Then the bell rings again, signalling another customer, and Lauren has to repress the guttural groan that wants to escape her lips. One more hour Jauregui. One. More. Hour.

"Laur! Just the usual. Be right back, I'm stealing some ice cubes from your freezers."

Lauren rolls her eyes with a smile, thanking God it's just Dinah needing a cool down and visiting, and not another screaming, demanding child. (Although, sometimes, her best friend's not far off that description)

She watches the other woman jump the counter and hurry to the back of the shop; meanwhile, Lauren scoops Dinah's usual, cookies and cream ice cream, into a cone for the older girl.

"You know, one day Ally's going to catch you. I'm not responsible for the repercussions"

"Ally, that sweet girl, can go suck it. I'm hot and water should be free" Dinah comes sauntering out, sucking on ice cubes and moaning in relief as she throws an ice pack dramatically on her forehead. Lauren laughs, expertly perfecting the two scoops and handing it to her friend.

"You should become like, a professional ice cream scooper. Heard chicks dig it"

Lauren just looks to Dinah with an eyebrow raised, the other girl shrugging innocently as she sits at one of the shops tables, kicking her feet up and eating her ice cream.

"I'm sure Normani would love to hear that Dinah" Lauren quips with a smirk.

The comment earns Lauren a blushing Dinah as she laughs. The younger girl kicks Lauren in the shin, muttering a "Shut up" as the other girl just smiles teasingly.