Chapter 16: Gold

A/N im reaaally hoping this will post, wattpads been such a bitch lately. anyways i hope u all enjoy! sorry for late update my other stories have gotten in the way lmao xxx they'll  be updated soon too!

-

When Camila said "Hey baby, let's go shopping" after Lauren ruined her work shirt, she didn't realise that when Camila Cabello, owner of her own law firm says they're going shopping, she means it.

"Camz, really, you don't have to get that for me I-"

Camila simply throws a low cut dress over Lauren's head she picked out, cutting her off as it dangles over her face.

"That would look cute on you. Oh! And green brings out your eyes."

Lauren rolls her eyes, taking the dress off from where it landed and draping it over her forearm as the older woman picks up another. And okay, Lauren has to admit, Camila knows fashion and has amazing taste. But Lauren's never been good at accepting gifts or being pampered, so when Camila shoves a blouse that's, oh my fucking god, two hundred dollars into her hands; Lauren almost breaks.

"Camz, babe, you don't have to buy all of this for me."

Camila tilts her head, midway from picking up ripped jeans that really shouldn't cost nearly one hundred dollars with how shredded they are.

"Babygirl, I want to. Plus, your side of the wardrobe looks sad."

Lauren opens her mouth, about to protest, but then her girlfriend raises an eyebrow and Lauren's frown turns to a pout as she begrudgingly admits, submitting to Camila's knowing look.

"Okay, yeah maybe my outfits consist only of your oversized jumpers but-"

Camila shakes her head, chuckling fondly at her puppy of a girlfriend. She kisses her on the cheek, then softly at her lips, enough to distract the younger girl as she places more items of clothing in her hands. Lauren just-melts into the touch and kiss, smiling against Camila's lips. Because as much as she's embarrassed about getting well, spoilt, Camila does it in a way that isn't to get brownie points, but because she just genuinely cares for Lauren.

And if she was being honest, she fell a little more in love with Camila in that moment.

Camila then pulls back, smiling warmly as she winks, speaking softly against Lauren's lips so no one else hears.

"You can thank daddy later, princess."

Lauren chokes on her spit, blushing and frowning at a laughing Camila as she storms off to the change rooms. Camila chases after her, calling out as she tries to stifle her laughs.

"Aw baby, I'm sorry! I was just teasing!"

Lauren shuts the change room doors on in her face, making the older woman bite her lip to hide her smile as she speaks through the door.

"I love you baby."

Lauren rolls her eyes from inside of the stall, starting to undress. She can't help the smile from falling from her lips. God, Camila can be such an ass sometimes.

"You're lucky I love you too Camz."

(When Camila carries all the shopping bags back to the car, being the epitome of a gentlewoman, Lauren didn't know it was possible, but she falls harder. She falls for how Camila looks to her from the driver's seat, the lowering sun lighting up her eyes, the ends of her hair, the rings on her fingers.)