Chapter 2 - Own me

A/N ;) 

new chap to this coming soon! ps. to what i didnt write to my 'love on the brain' readers: a new one shot is coming too x

-

When they reach Camila's apartment, Lauren starts to wonder how the fuck Camila affords a place like this.

It's beautiful. Sleek and modern and white. Just the entrance foyer seems like it cost more to build than Lauren's entire apartment she shares with Dinah. And as both women walk in, Camila looks over her shoulder with a barely hidden smirk as she toes off her boots, Lauren lets her mouth drop slightly in shock.

"How..."

Camila then comes up behind Lauren, taking her jacket off for her. The older girl can't help but blush at the chivalrous action, but keeps talking as she steps further into the house. Camila finishes her sentence for her, humour lacing her voice as she hangs up her leather jacket and kicks her shoes to the side.

"How do I afford all of this at 22?"

Lauren chuckles, nodding as she makes it to the living area. A leather couch and a black low table that she sets her phone down on takes up the space. And Lauren listens to Camila's voice that's now coming from somewhere from the kitchen.

"Here's the catch-" She comes out with two glasses of wine, smiling and winking when Lauren's eyes light up at the alcoholic beverage. "I'm not even 22"

When Lauren's hand wrapped around the glass, if it wasn't for Camila quickly catching it, there'd be a massive red wine stain on her perfectly white carpet. Because Lauren blinks slightly surprised, internally thinking: oh my god? How did she never know her age. Isn't that like, a go to when you sort of date, sort of plan to go back to someone's house and presumably have sex? Or something you know about the girl you really like?

"Wait you're-you don't look a day over twenty" Lauren then widens her eyes, suddenly panicked. "Oh my god please tell me you're over eighteen"

Camila laughs, sitting on the couch and patting the space next to her as she sips her wine.

"Yes. Jesus take a breath Lo"

Lauren follows her command, sitting down next to her without question (it's almost natural at this point) and she's so caught up, she doesn't realise how her blind compliance has Camila sporting a pleased smile.

"I'm 26, soon to be 27. I get mistaken for being younger nearly every moment of my life. Do you know I get at least two men a day giving me coffee cups because they think I'm the secretary? At my own Law firm."

Lauren laughs at that, making Camila pout.

"Hey don't be mean. Those guys are jerks. And sexist."

Lauren quietens down, taking a sip of her drink. Mumbling "Sorry" with a smile. And she didn't even notice how she gravitated towards Camila, their legs now touching. Making Lauren warm and relaxed and happy.

(Also a lot of other things, but right now Lauren and Camila are just talking. Getting to know the other. And Lauren doesn't want to ruin that)

"I didn't even know you were a lawyer. You give off more of a...rebellious college student vibes"

Camila rolls her eyes at that, her free hand coming to rest at Lauren's thigh. And as she talks, her thumb rubbing idly and softly, Lauren bites her lip. Almost getting lulled into a trance by the action.

"It's the bike and the jacket that does that, isn't it?"

Lauren nods, chuckling softly. "Afraid so. But you're cute too, not all badass"