Chapter 10: Coincidences and Trust

Being with Camila, being 'official' and dating and finally at that milestone in any relationship; comes a change Lauren honestly didn't see coming.

And it's not a bad change, not at all. Lauren's never felt this light and happy before being with someone. She's never felt so loved and calm and well, yeah. Happy.

The change with the two women comes in the form of trust, there's this new layer of loyalty and healthy dependency that Lauren isn't used to. She was used to the guys she dated texting her every minute she was out with friends, wondering if she's only with them and not 'with some other guy' or being controlling and demanding and wanting to know every little detail of what she's doing.

But with Camila?

It's so easy, it's so easy loving Camila because the other woman just gets her. She'll send a cute text while she's at work and while Lauren's at classes, stupid dumb heart emojis Lauren used to roll her eyes at. But this is Camila, and the older woman makes it this dorky endearing thing that Lauren smiles at whenever her phone dings while she's studying or looking for jobs.

Or when Lauren comes back to Camila's apartment holding back tears at another failed job interview, Camila simply kisses her on the forehead, makes her hot chocolate and spoons Lauren from behind while leaving kisses at the back of her neck; making the younger woman giggle.

So yeah, the trust and love goes both ways. And Lauren feels like the luckiest girl in the world right now.

"You're cute, you know that?"

Lauren hums distractedly on her phone, Camila still holding her from behind as she rolls her eyes at her girlfriend's response with a smile. Lauren had instantly forgotten about the stupid work interview as soon as Camila kissed her anyways.

"That's cool. Totally ignore me Lo"

"Uh huh. Love you too babe"

Camila bites playfully at Lauren's ear, making the other girl gasp and turn to Camila, effectively snapping her out of her staring contest with her phone. "Ouch!"

"What? You were ignoring me. I was being cute and you ignored me"

Lauren kisses Camila's pouty lips, smiling against them as she pulls back. "Hmm there. Now shh. Rihanna's Instagram story is calling me"

Camila snorts, rolling her eyes as she moves to get out of bed and head to the shower. She hadn't realised the time, only when she glanced at Lauren's phone did she realise she had to head into work soon. And she's nearly out of the warm sheets when Lauren's suddenly wide eyed, gripping onto Camila's flannel and whining.

"Noooo. Stay in bed. You were comfy"

Camila smiles lovingly at Lauren's adorable pout, kissing her on the forehead once and trying to move again.

"Lo. I have to head to work princess"

But Lauren stays strong, making Camila sigh at her puppy of a girlfriend. "Work can wait. I have needs"

Camila raises an eyebrow at that, making Lauren blush as she realises her words. "Okay not those kind of needs. I need cuddles"

Camila nods playfully, and deciding to tease Lauren before she leaves, she straddles her lap making the other girl swallow thickly. Smirking at the effect she has. "Needs huh baby?"

Camila kisses at her neck, trailing down to Lauren's loose sleep shirt, her hand going up under the fabric and tracing patters on her navel. Lauren closes her eyes, hands gripping at Camila's thigs as an anchor. How does Camila have such an affect on her?