thanks to you

Edited- 6/20/20 <3

-

In the cold misty morning, I walked to school with my black backpack slipping down from my shoulders. Just by the feeling in the air, I knew today was about to take a sharp turn. High school- and school in general- is living hell, and wrecks my life so deeply that I'm continuously living in utter turmoil. Every day seemed to be the same, only sometimes there would be a tad bit more bullying to witness from Henry and his little posse. I've never understood his mentality, but I'm far too worried for my own safety to look into his story. I fear I might end up like the other kids going missing around Derry. Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

As I walked through the damp, green grass, I felt the dew seep through my black shoes. Groups of other kids gathered around outside, waiting for school to truly begin. I, alone, walked up to the main doors with my hands on the straps from my backpack, hoping Henry wouldn't be somewhere near. However, before I could reach the two metal doors, a firm hand pulled on my bag, yanking my body backward. Closing my eyes out of shock, I could barely take notice in who the culprit was. When I felt my bag being torn from my grasp, my eyes opened wide to see that older blonde boy with mischief in his blue eyes.

His hand pulled out from my bag, and threw down multiple binders until he found a little pitch booklet. Henry rapidly flipped through the pages until a picture fell out into his coarse hands. "Well, isn't this sweet? A picture of your old daddy. Isn't he dead, sweetheart?" Henry inquired, showing off the picture like some talk show host. From past experience with Henry and his posse, I knew better than to fight back, or to answer his queries, but when he began to tear away at that final picture, I couldn't help it.

"Stop," I yelled with all my might, begging him to cease his actions. My dad died a couple months ago. I wasn't ready for him to leave. "please," I pleaded hopelessly. Even with all of my begging, he kept searching through my bag as one of his friends held me back. Henry pulled out a silver locket, and smashed it on the ground. That had my dads ashes in it. all the ash scattered away in the wind. Tears ran down my petrified face as I realized I really couldn't do anything to stop him. I know better than this, I knew nothing I'd ever do could stop Henry. He was ruthless when it came to people like me, outcasts. Even when he himself, is an outcast.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a group of boys near me. While everyone else turned the other cheek, these boys did not. "Hey, asshole," one of other boys called out. The boy had curly black hair, and thick glasses that fit his face almost perfectly. I've seen that boy around, he's in my English class. Richie, I believe his name was. "Get off of her." Obviously Henry wasn't intimidated by richie, but he walked away with a sarcastic scared expression while his other goons laughed. Turning to the curly haired boy, i pursed my lips. "He's a real dick."

"Yup," I answered plainly, not wanting to be the center of attention after all that went down. "You're richie, right?" Cocking a brow, he nods. "I'm Y/N, we have English together."

As richie's mouth formed into an O from realization, a certain set of words flowed into my ears. "-your faggot friends!" Henry was a bitter soul, and even after taunting me, he continued to make fun of richie's friends. That word struck close to home, I've been bullied relentlessly with that word. If I had the balls, I would've socked Henry right in his face, but I couldn't, or wouldn't.

Walking over, I slightly intervened by stepping beside the other boy Henry was teasing, and pretending to be intimidating. Clearly, Henry was unbothered by my presence, but he wandered off nonetheless. "T-thanks," the brunette grinned to me. "I'm Bill." He introduced himself. His electric blue eyes complimented his appearance nicely.

"Y/N." i said with a half-smile.
Another boy with a inhaler in hand introduced himself as well.

"I'm Eddie." He used his inhaler.
He had brown hair. Or black. I couldn't really tell.

"I'm Stan. Or Stanley." Another said. He had curly blond hair.

"Cool. I'm Y/N." Everyone seemed off, and I didn't blame them. After what they've been dealing with, I would be a little scatter brained as well. In fact, I am a little unsettled.

I didn't even realize it but I was staring into Bill's electric blue eyes.

"Already!" Eddie whined.

"What?" I snapped out of the trance.

"Nothing. Just bill always gets the ladies. He's a man whore." Richie explained walking over to us. I laughed to myself at his comment, and shrugged my shoulders. Richie hands me my backpack, and invited me to hang out with them for the remainder of our school day. It was a small invitation that had a huge impact.

———

The last bell rang out though the school speakers, signaling that it was the end of our school day, and school year. I'm not sure whether to be overly ecstatic about school ending for summer or not. School totally blows, but it keeps me away from home.

Turning the corner into the bathroom, the awful stench of garbage filled my nostrils, stinging my senses. Greta Bowie. The female version of Henry Bowers, only she hates that guy. 
"Hey bitch," I say, grabbing the ranting girls attention. "What the hell are you even doing?" I laughed at her pitiful daily mocking. "I mean... you're obviously insecure about something, ranting like that. It's pathetic."

Inspecting my leather jacket, the girl scoffed. "Well at least I don't need a group of boys to save me." She thinks she's so slick as she smacks her bubblegum. She's not.

"Yeah, okay slick bitch. You're real smooth. I'm sure this other girl has done nothing to you. Probably is making you a little nervous for getting some attention, right? like I said, pathetic," i snickered at Greta's offended expression. 

"You know you're sticking up for a girl who slept with the man who just broke all of your stuff outside."

"I don't care. At least she's not him."

A/n
I wasn't sure if I was gonna make this a story or not. We'll see how this goes😁