the arcade

edited - 10/12/20

Lol. Ok leggo (my eggo)
-glitch™

the next morning, i was startled awake by the sound of static ringing through my walkie talkie. i grabbed it immediately, cringing at the noise as it pierced through my ear drums. "anyone wanna meet up at the arcade?" I ask.
The thing was fuzzy for a couple minutes until someone finally spoke.

"yeah, uh... sure. i have to let my dad know first," Beverly explains with a nervous giggle.

"Meet me there in ten," I ordered.  She responded with and 'okay' soon after. clothing was already scattered around my room, but it didn't stop me from finding an outfit to fit the warm air outside. a short sleeve white shirt, as well as a pair of high waisted jeans that were a little too big for me, high socks, and my beat up sneakers.

after dressing, i walked out into the living room where bill sat on the couch, attempting to find the reason his walkie talkie wasn't working.

"you need help," i questioned with no intent of actually helping him. he shook his head no, and kept his eyes focused on the device in his hands. "ok, going to the arcade," I told him and left. I wasn't angry with him. I just didn't know how to talk with him at the moment. needless to say, it was awkward. bill had kissed me... and i didn't respond the way he had hoped...

beverly greeted me at the doors of the arcade, her arms crossed in front of her while she talked with eddie. "Hope it's okay that I brought Eddie along," Beverly inquired in a way that basically told me that either way, she didn't exactly care if i was bothered by it or not.

"oh, yeah, it's fine.".

we all walk Into the arcade with wonder in our eyes at the multiple flashing disco lights, as well as the loud music that played throughout the place. The air inside smelled of popcorn and metal, plastic, and piss. it was perfect.

"Here," Beverly says handing the person at the desk 5 dollars. The guy nods and hands coins back to bev.

"Coins please," I chimed in after bev, handing the worker $10.

"Her-here." Eddie hands the man a 10 cautiously, trying to avoid hand-to-hand contact. reaching over, the worker handed eddie the little baggy of coins, but eddie twitched in disgust, nearly dropping them on the floor.

"Eddie you twitch. They're just coins. Don't get your panties in a bunch," I mock him.

"unsanitary coins," he spat toward me. "also, i don't wear panties like you!" He mocks me back. "Only girls wear panties. Plus! I wouldn't fit into them!" just over the topic, eddie had become flustered, his face had reddened into a tomato red already.

"Alright Eddie. You're right. They would be to big," bev snickered. I giggle and put some coins into a claw machine. I try to get this cute little teddy bear but lose and catch air. My dad was always good at claw machines. many failed attempts later, and i was competing with bev while we fake raced. i chose a huge monster truck to race in. ᵂ̶ᵉ̶ ̶ᵖ̶ⁱ̶ᶜ̶ᵏ̶ ̶ᴱ̶ⁿ̶ᵍ̶ˡ̶ᵃ̶ⁿ̶ᵈ̶ ̶ᵗ̶ᵒ̶ ̶ʳ̶ᵃ̶ᶜ̶ᵉ̶ ̶ᵃ̶ᵗ̶.̶ ̶ᴮ̶ᵉ̶ᶜ̶ᵃ̶ᵘ̶ˢ̶ᵉ̶ ̶ᴱ̶ⁿ̶ᵍ̶ˡ̶ᵃ̶ⁿ̶ᵈ̶ ̶ⁱ̶ˢ̶ ̶ᵐ̶ʸ̶ ̶ᶜ̶ⁱ̶ᵗ̶ʸ̶.̶

We got to the final lap and Beverly was in front of me. Right before the finish line I used a power up from my engine and sped in front of her. Yeah I wasn't in 1st or anything. But I was in 3rd and in front of bev.

"Good game." we high fived, resulting in me falling off of the chair from reaching over so far. To my luck I was saved from a certain curly haired boy. Stan. "Thanks," I laugh at myself and stand up.