i'm gonna crack

Edited - 6/20/20

———

Peddling home, i could feel tears brimming in my eyes. Every once in a while, emotions seemed to flood in so erratically that it was almost more overwhelming than my actual feelings. My fingers wrapped around the door handle, twisting it until the door was able to push open. 

Inside, my mom sat on the couch with a coffee mug in her hands. "Why did dad have to go?" I questioned, tears falling down my warm cheeks.

"Because he was sick, Y/N. there wasn't anything we could do," she answered. Her voice was so calm, so hurt. However, I was overthrown with enmity, and I couldn't see just how upset she was.

"Yes there was! You just didn't try." My father, my family. He was ill mentally, and not once did my mother seek help. In his condition, he would've been sent to an asylum or something of the sorts, so I wasn't sure which was better.

"Y/N. go to your room." My mom ordered sternly, holding back tears of her own. Deep down, I knew just how inconsiderate I was acting, but there wasn't much I cared for these days.

"No," i retort. "I won't. You're a bitch who thinks the world revolves around her. Update, it doesn't." A singular tear trickled down from her eye as she stood from the couch.

"Don't talk like that to me." Is all she said before waking away to her room. Within an instant, i was back outside of my bike, riding to Bill's house as the wind beat against my wet, tear stained face.

"Y/N?" Bill's mom answered the door a tad bit confused. I've met her once, she seemed nice, but fairly strict.

"I need to talk with Bill," I sigh. She opened the door and I run to Bill's room. First knocking because everyone deserves their privacy. "H-hey?" He opened the door with a perplexed gaze. I tightly hug him with no reply. He hugs back a little confused. My warm salty tears fall onto his blue and white shirt. He rubs my back in reassurance.

"My-my mom." Is all I managed to say. He pulls me into his room. I guess him and Eddie were talking because Eddie was there as well with his hands folded on his lap.

"Is she okay?" Eddie asked in relation to my upset state.

"I-I think so." Bill shrugged. Eddie watched as I sit next to him on Bill's bed. I lay my head down on Eddie's lap and cry a little more. Eddie sat there mentally fighting with bill.

"What do I do!" He whisper yelled to Bill.

"I don't kn-know!" Bill whispers back. "Br-brush Through her ha-hair with your hands or someth-thing." Bill whispers again. Eddie started brushing through my hair slowly. Even though I was in his lap I could hear his heart beating fast. I start to snicker.

"You guys are funny." I chuckled a bit more.

Eddie gives me a weird look and then gives the same look to Bill.

"Love you guys. Ya losers." I beamed and took them both in for a group hug.

➿➿➿

I woke up this morning cuddling Eddie. Why? I don't know. I probably just did it in my sleep. I decided that last night I would stay over at Bill's place since my mom was pissed at me. I go to get up but Eddie pulls me back down.

"Just snuggle a little longer." Eddie whined. I smiled softly, and snuggle back up to him.

———

Later that day we agreed to all meet at the park again, inviting Mike, and Bev's new friend, Ben.

"You're late." Richie announced like it wasn't already obvious. On the other benches across from us sat a girl our age with a dirty look on her face. She seemed upset over something we had done. More specifically, something I had done.

"Stop hanging out with Bill." She demands. I flip her off and lean back into the bench, earning a chuckle from Richie.

"They grow up so fast," Richie joked, wiping a fabricated tear from his brown eye.

"Sorry stereotypical middle schooler,  not gonna happen." I answered back. She rolled her eyes and went back to her business. She's a
  • B I T C H™• already

After an hour or two of hanging around and getting nothing done, we all went our separate ways. I was on my way home, my eyes forward, concentrating on the road. As I turned the corner, my eyes latched onto a very tall clown. I pressed onto the brakes, and placed my foot onto the road as I openly stared at the clown. A devilish smirk played on his wide mouth as a balloon came floating my way.

Out of everything I've seen through my mediocre life, this singular clown was the most horrific. The way his teeth were sharper than the kitchen knifes at home, and how his eyes glowed a bright orange. Everything about him was so unnatural. Knowing I should flee from the scene, I began to turn around, and peddled back over to Bill's home where the remainder of my guy friend's sat in the lawn.

"Y/N?" Stan asked, shifting his eyes away from whatever it was the group were working on. My vision was blurred by tears as I thought over what I just witnessed. I truly must be mad. Same as my father. "What happened?"

"I saw... I saw something. Something evil-"

"A clown?" Mike interrupted me with a worried glance. In return, I nodded, a tear slipping out from my eyes. "I saw it too." One by one, the boys admitted to seeing some version of this clown. Only Richie remained silent.

"I don't understand," I admitted, nibbling on my bottom lip as it bled. "What the hell is a clown... should we tell the police?"

"I-If we t-t-tell the po-police they won't d-do anyth-thing about it." Bill was right. Nobody would care about some dude dressed up as a clown. A silly clown at that. That's all he is, right? Just some guy playing dress up, and trying to be scary. I guess all I could do is hope for it to be true.