Avenger Reed

Requested: Lady-J-The-Gamer-Gal
~~~~~~~~~~~
You sighed in annoyance. Clack. Clack. Clack.The wild skittering of your shoes earlier had turned into dull tapping.

"Are you sure it'll work, (Y/N)?" A voice said from the intercom.

You shot a withering glare. "It better! These ropes are getting itchy and the bag is starting to make me feel dizzy."

You were a private detective. The latest client wanted you to get Avenger Reed. You would've turned down something like that if it didn't offer a 2,000 Gem reward.

You had sent a video to him with your brother and the client's help. The video showed you wearing a ski mask putting a knife to your gagged and tied brother who had a plastic bag on his head. Basically, a threat.

Your brother was waiting in the intercom area. It had been a whole hour.

Before you could cuss out Avenger Reed, the door swung open.

"Finally! Don't worry, sir-"

The man threw the plastic bag off your head and was shocked to see you instead. You growled and freed yourself from the rotting ropes.

"Do I look like a guy to you?!"You yelled, clearly insulted.

Reed cleared his throat and averted his gaze. "Well, from certain angles..."

"You'll be begging for death when I'm done with you," you threatened, taking a nearby spear with a curved edge.

He took out his daggers. "Aren't you supposed to be the hostage? Where's the kidnapper?"

"Funny, I was supposed to dispose of you."

He stopped. "Wait...are you (Full name)?"

"Yeah...is it possible that-"

Before you were finished, a band of wind rogues stormed the room, brandishing knives of their own.

"Fight now, talk later!"

As you cut their heads off, you couldn't help but watch as Reed executed them. He twirled around them and god, he made killing look like an art form.

"Not bad," you panted, giggling slightly.

"Same to you."

Then, the door swung open once again. This time, it was your client.

"I see you've met each other. I must commend on your fighting and teamwork. I come with an offer. Would you like to join my crime-fighting team?"

Reed huffed and turned. "No, I am a hired assasin, nothing else. And all I want is to know who murdered my parents."

You agreed with Reed. "I prefer my job. It's more relaxed. Thanks anyway."

The client nodded. "I understand. Well, here's the reward just like I promised."

"Wait...only two thousand?" Reed asked.

"Well, that's what I agreed on both contracts. Looks like you'll have to share. See ya."

The both of you watched the door swing shut. Then, you shrugged.

"Ah well, let's make the best of it."

As the both of you took your share of Gems, you decided to start small talk.

"Um, Reed...I'm a private detective. I think I may be able to help you."

He looked up in surprise, then joy. "Are you saying...you probably are. Many thanks. So, um, how much-"

"Free. Just meet up with me tomorrow morning at Cafe Briar, okay? Here's my handphone number. See you later..."

Reed held the little cream-coloured card in his hand, his face blazing. Somewhere in the afterlife, his parents rejoiced that he might get a significant other.

Finally.