Cykopath (again)

Tbh this is one of the things that brightens up my life.
~~~
You flipped through the newspaper, eventually landing on an eye-catching article.

'MAN CONFESSES TO INSANITY'

Raising an eyebrow, you continued to read the article.

The killer behind the murders of the Onigara family, 29-year-old Cykopath (Full Name Unknown) has been convicted. He has been sentenced guilty despite pleas of insanity. He is to be executed today at 3 P.M.

You scanned through the rest of the article. Despite being a sinful soul, he was also rather pitiful. Apparently, he'd lost his partner and child in the Great Fire of Shinzki.

You almost felt sorry for him. You had lost your memory in that very fire. All you knew was that you used to be married.

When you went to see the execution, you managed to see the executor and the murderer.

The killer's face brightened when he saw you. "(Y-Y/N)? You're alive!"

His attempts to hug you were restrained by the executioner while you misinterpreted the act to be an assault. You growled and spat at him.

"Die, you filthy scum! Your kind doesn't deserve a place in this world."

He was immediately crestfallen. You felt a twinge of sadness but immediately brushed it off. He was a killer, after all. He didn't deserve your empathy.

Meanwhile, Cyko glanced over to you. "But...I love you."

~~~
If only you hadn't forgotten, (Y/N).