~Chapter Three~

When Jared and Evan get back to his place, they're getting the wine and whiskey from Jared's parents liquor cabinet. Then heading up to his room. Evan actually loves this, their routine. Go to Jared's, get drunk, have fun times, have no idea what the hell they did the night before.

Jared was actually planning on making a move tonight. He still can, can't he? He isn't technically dating Zoe. Evan is just ready to get drunk and enjoy himself. They get drunk quickly. Jared is laying his head in Evan's lap, blabbering about anything. Evan always thinks Jared is hilarious like this, running his fingers through his hair listening to his babbling, giggling and laughing here and there. Soon he just stops talking for once. Just staring at him, smiling. Evan smiles back.

"What?"

"You really wanna know?"

"Uh huh."

"Well... I think that you are the cutest person I've ever met And your smile is amazing and To be honest, I call you a family-Friend all the time because I'm afraid that we're gonna be best friends and you won't want to be more than that and then I'll try to make a move and ruin it all........"

".... You... Do?" his tipsy brain is confused, swimming, he's sure he couldn't have heard him right... Right?

"Mhmm.... and you can tell how afraid I am to tell you this, seeing as how the only way I can is when I'm drunk." His words slur and he's got a deep blush on his face. Evan's heart is beating hard. He needs another drink before he panics. He downs the rest of his class and with his cheeks redder by the second shot

"Jared, sit up. sit up." He does.

"Shit, I ruined it already didn't I?"

"No no, no, Jared, just... A-Are you sure?"

"Lemme see..... mhm. Yup, since the sixth grade."

"H-Holy shit, Jared..."

"And I was gonna make a move tonight but since the thing with Zoe happened, I wasn't really sure so-" Evan leans forward and smushes their lips together. It's sloppy and they taste like wine and whiskey, but it's all right. Jared melts into it, his arms sneaking around his waist. Evan gets pulled into Jared's lap kissing him over and over and not stopping. Jared's wanted this for what feels like forever. He doesn't want it to end. Evan has his hands in Jared's hair and everything about this situation just feels so right. He wants to kiss him for the rest of his life.

"I want you to be mine Ev. Please, we can keep it a secret because of Zoe."

"Y-You actually want -? Y-Yeah. Yeah, I'd - I'd love that, I... God, Jared, just kiss me again." He does, harder than the kiss before. He pulls him as close as possible. Evan makes the smallest of noises as he does, drunk and feeling so much emotion well up inside him.

It doesn't get any farther than making out. Jared holds him close when they fall asleep. When Evan wakes up in Jared's arms, he's nervous. He vaguely recalls last night's antics. Dear God, he made it with Jared. Jared has no memory of last night at ALL. Evan keeps his mouth shut. He doesn't even know if Jared meant it or was just drunk and he's too scared to ask. He wakes up, very confused and with a major headache.

"Ev?"

"Mm?" Evan has relocated a little further away, terrified that Jared might regret anything they did.

"Do you remember last night? Usually I do, but definitely not this time."

"Nope... You know how I get, Jare..."

"Right right......." he groans and lays on his back.

"... Want me to get you an Advil or something?"

"If it's not too much."

"Course not, I'll be back." As Evan is out, Jared sits up. What the hell happened last night that made him drink so much? ....... oh, right.... Evan has to calm himself down in the bathroom. "Is fine, it's fine! All good. It's just... Just Jared. Jared is great. Jared is fantastic, why am I so scared?" When it takes Evan awhile to get back, Jared gets up and walks to the bathroom.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah!" he squeaks, almost dropping the Advil.

"Uh, yeah. I'm - I'm okay."

"You sure?" He looks concerned. He actually does care about him.

"Yeah, don't - don't worry about me."

"Alright..." he takes the Advil, a handful of water and takes them.