~Chapter Fourteen~

~~After HomeComing~~

The five of them walk out of homecoming. Happy as ever. Zoe leans over and whispers something to Alana. Alana giggles.

"Zoe! How lewd!"

"Okay okay, but I actually want to take you out. I want it to be romantic."

"I would love that, you are so gorgeous tonight, I would love to go to dinner with my gorgeous girl, of course."

"So you're leaving me with these two?" Evan chuckles.

"I don't think there's anything wrong with that." Zoe winks at them. She knows what happened between Connor and Jared. Jared immediately glares at Connor. He told her didn't he? Connor glares at Zoe. That's not never speaking of it, is it, Zo? No it is not.

"I'm sure you'll be all right, Connor. Er... Could we take your car since neither of us drove up?" Connor hands Alana his keys.

"be nice to my truck, for the love of God." then the girls are off.

"I have a car to drive us home."

"Are you willing to take me in the opposite direction of where I'm sure you are going in order to take me home?"

"Yeah. That's fine."

"Cool."

"Are we going home now?"

"Yeah, I mean unless you guys just want to sit in my car and drink." He grins.

"Sounds fun."

"Really? Connor, you WANT to?"

"I mean... Yeah. Kleinman and I are cool now. Right, Jared?"

"Mhm. Do you want to Ev?"

"Well... Yeah. Keep an eye on me though, Jared."

"I always do." They get to Jared's car and he pulls out the drinks. They all start with one and in fifteen minutes they're having the best time.

"Okay okay okay, I need to watch myself. I need to be able to drive us home."

"I'll take that then." Connor plucks the half empty drink from Jared's hands.

"How you holding up, Ev?" Evan giggles, so far gone.

"Great. Amazing. My favorite people, drinks, fantastic."

"Maybe it's time for you to chill out on the drinks now."

"Maybe." he takes another drink of the one he already has.

"Jared, when we get home..." he wiggles his eyebrows. Connor frowns.

"Sure. Unlessss you wanna try something new?" He glances at Connor. Connor raises an eyebrow. Evan just looks confused.

"Something new?"

"Yeah well, I was thinking, maybe, why have it just be the two of us? Why not... let Connor join?" Evan sits up, red faced.