Chapter 2 : Once it starts...

Yun Fei's POV

Looking around the tent, it didn't seem so bad. At least now I have somewhere to go back to. My life wasn't exactly something that's blessed.

I'm an orphan and the outcast in the village that I grew up in. No one bothered with me. Everyone hated me. I had to fight for food and all the things that I needed in order to survive.

I sighed. Well, it could be worse. I know the reputation of the Fire Tribe. However, the fire princess doesn't seem so bad at all. I guess I'll find out.

Fixing the bed, I lied down. It'll be a new day tomorrow. I need some rest.

The next day came...

Princess Yan Da and I with some soldiers went to the Healer Tribe. I looked around in fascination. So many herbs. I wonder if the princess will let me roam around for a while. I'll ask her later.

We arrived at their palace. I smiled. This place is really great.

"Yun Fei," the Princess called out.

"Hm?"

"It's the first time that you've been here?" She asked.

"Yes, Your Highness." I replied. "The only time that I went out of my village was yesterday when we met."

Princess Yan Da looked at me, thinking. "I see. You must really want to explore then?"

My eyes lit up, eagerly smiling at the princess.

General POV

Yan Da silently laughed. Why not? She thought. It's not like his going to run away. "Go then but be back before lunch."

"Thank you, Princess." He said, leaving. Yan Da could see the excitement in his eyes. Yan Da smiled, watching him leave.

She became serious though when she heard her name being announced by a soldier, informing the Chief of Healer Tribe of her arrival.

Yan Da's POV

"Unaware of your arrival, I am sorry that I have failed to receive you in advance. Please forgive me," the chief said, bowing to me.

"It's fine." I said. "I'm the one who should apologize for coming without any notice. "

The chief seemed surprised by what I said. Well, others would be too. My people are not known for politeness and such. Whatever.

I continued. "I have come here today on my father's behalf to offer his congratulations. Congratulations, Chief."

The chief laughed. "Thank you. Your Highness is very kind."

I secretly smirk. Kind huh?

"Also, I came here to ask for the Ice leaf given to you by the Ice Tribe years ago. So as to keep the peace we share between our people. I believe that the Chief would not let me return home empty- handed?"

The chief laughed, making me suspicious.

"Your Highness, you may not be aware but a lifetime in the immortal realm is actually hundreds of generations in the mortal realm. I'm sorry to say but the Ice leaf had disappeared a long time ago. I have no idea as to where it is now."

I smirked. He's lying.

"Judging by your words, you intend to play ignorant." I said, looking at him.

"Princess Yan Da, If I had the Ice leaf then I will willingly give it to you. Your Highness wouldn't even have had this trip for nothing."

Wow, he's really going to play it that way huh? Two can play this game.

"Hmp. Is that so? Then I'd like to stay and have a look at this mortal wedding so as to demonstrate our friendship. Let's go." I said, leaving with my soldiers.

General POV

With Yun Fei...

He was happily looking around when he bumped into someone, making him fall into the ground. His arm hitting something. He winched.

"Are you alright? I'm so sorry," said a voice above him. He then felt hands on his shoulder helping him up.

"It's okay," he said, looking at the person he bumped into. He saw a woman, wearing an armor like Yan Da. He blinked.

"I'm really sorry," She repeated again. "I wasn't really looking where I was going." She said scratching the back of her head.

"It's nothing," Yun Fei said, smiling. "It's also my fault. Same as you I wasn't exactly looking where I am looking."

She laughed. "I'm Li Luo by the way." She said, introducing herself to him.

"I'm Yun Fei," He answered.

"Li Luo!" Someone called out in the crowd, making her shake her head.

"Well, nice meeting you Yun Fei but I have to go now. His highness is calling," She said, winking at him. Then running towards the person who called her.

Yun Fei followed her with his eyes, shouting. "Same here. See you around!"

When she was out of sight, he grasped his arm. He could feel it bleeding. He sighed, walking back to where he came from.

Yan Da was in her room looking outside her window. She was about to leave when she spotted Yun Fei. She frowned, noticing how he cradled his arm.

"Yun Fei!" she called out, making him look at her. "Come in here."

Not long, she saw him enter the room.

"Your Highness?" he asked, not looking at her.

"Sit." She stated, nodding towards the chair beside the table. Yun Fei was confuse but he followed her order.

Yan Da then walked towards him.

"Give me your arm." She said, extending her right arm to him.

"Huh?" Yun Fei asked. Surprised at the order.

"Your arm." Yan Da repeated. Reluctantly, Yun Fei let her see his arm. The fire princess ripped the cloth, revealing the deep wound. She frowned, looking at her servant.

"I- I accidentally bump into someone," Yun Fei said, explaining. Yan Da sighed, getting up. She then took a basin full of water and a wash cloth. Yun Fei's eyes widen. "Princess!?" He exclaimed about to stand up.

Yan Da glared at him though, making him stay still. She then sat again, facing him. Gently, she cleaned his wound. Yun Fei just stared at her wide eyed.

Yun Fei's POV

When Princess Yan Da called me into her room, I thought it was because she needed something.

So, it surprised me when she told me to sit and give my arm to her. She looked angry. I secretly gulped. I won't admit it but her glare scares me.

I was even more surprise though when she stood up getting a basin full of water and a wash cloth. Much more when she started cleaning my wound. I knew that this is unusual. A princess cleaning the wound of her servant. I never heard of it. So, here I am staring at her, dumbfounded.

Why is she doing this? Ba dump... Ba dump... Ba dump... Oh, crap! I could feel my heart beating fast again. If she keeps doing things like this...

I wouldn't stand a chance at all. I'll most likely...

fall in love with her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The thing about love is that once it's started, there is no way to stop it. It will only grow deeper as time passes." – Child0fYanshi