Chapter 11: Saving Xing Gui

Night...

Yun Fei is now inside the fire princess room. "Princess, are you alright in there? I forgot to ask Xing Jiu as to what kind of dream did he spin for you. I hope it's a good one because I know that you've been really stressed and down a lot lately."

"Don't worry about the outside world for a while. I'm kind of handling it. Honestly, I thought about just getting you and leaving this place. But I know that they mean a lot to you. So, I'll help them the way that I can. Good night, princess. See you soon." He finished, quietly leaving the room.

In the throne room...

Elder Xun Hao and King Xing Jiu heard and saw everything.

"Your Lordship, are we going to really follow his plan?"

"He seems sincere and it looks like he really cares about Yan Da. Besides, he's right. The fire king was indeed lying. I was just blinded by hope that I could finally save my sister. But... I guess I just put her more in danger. Not only her but the whole mortal and immortal realms too."

Elder Xun Hao then kept quiet, knowing that he was right.

_______________________________________________

Morning came quickly, Yun Fei changed his clothes and put on something to disguise himself. He would be the one to deliver Ka Suo and the envoy guardian to the fire king.

On his way there, a woman wearing the fire tribe's servant clothes suddenly appeared. She was being chased by the fire tribe's soldiers.

Yun Fei quickly helped the woman up. "Are you okay?"

The woman nodded. A soldier then attacked. Yun Fei bit his lip, shielding her with his body.

"Xing Gui!" a voice then called out, blocking the attack.

"Ge!"

"Quick take them away from here!" Xing Jiu told Yun Fei.

In an instant, Yun Fei and Xing Gui are in the cart. Yun Fei quickly maneuvered it, going back towards the dream palace.

They hadn't gone far, though, when the cart was blown apart. Yun Fei and Xing Gui coughed. The duo quickly got up. Looking in front, Yun Fei was glad that he was wearing a disguise and that his face isn't visible at all because in front of them is the king and the crown prince of the fire kingdom.

"You are pretty clever Princess Xing Gui. You managed to leave the palace in your own way. But..." the fire king dragged on, using his powers he pulled the dream princess in front of him. Engulfing her in flames.

Xing Gui gasped. It's so hot.

"Xing Gui!" Xing Jiu shouted, attacking. His attacks were easily countered though.

"For breaking our deal, King Xing Jiu. Let me show you my gratitude." The fire king said about to burn the princess into crisp when an ice energy interfered quickly bringing the princess back to Yun Fei's side.

King Huo Yi frowned. "Who was that!?" He asked in surprise. It couldn't be Ka Suo. He could clearly see the unconscious Ice Prince from afar. "No matter. Don't even think of getting out of here alive!"

Xing Jiu then stood up, laughing. "Go on. King Huo Yi, if you kill me or anyone else in here then Yan Da will be in slumber forever."

"What do you mean?" the fire king asked.

Xing Jiu raised his arm, showing the fire princess to him. She was in a forest worriedly calling out for someone.

"Yan Da, what dream is this!? How dare you lure Yan Da into a dream!?"

"Don't you dare assume that you can threaten me forever! In the realm of dreams I am the lord!"

"I could kill you all before I save Yan Da!"

"That's impossible. Because I already instructed my people to hide Yan Da away from you for eternity if we were away from my tribe for too long. You'll never see her again."

"Hao. You win this time." Flame stated, leaving with his people.

Yun Fei sighed. He then felt his heart throb.

"Ah," he said, clutching his chest.

"What's wrong are you alright!?" the dream princess said, crouching down beside him. Yun Fei didn't answer. He just clutched his chest tighter. In an instant, he was unconscious in her arms.