Chapter 9 Entering the dream

Yun Fei gently lay Yan Da down on the bed. Elder Xun Hao directed him to the fire princess' former room in the Dream palace. He sat beside her for a while, remembering the fire princess's tears a while ago before they came here.

Princess, what happened between you and the king of dream tribe? Was he the reason why you were crying a while ago before we came here? Do you still love him?

Looking around, he noticed that the room is well cared for. The fire princess' things too are in there untouched.

Yun Fei let out a knowing smirk. So, he still loves her huh.

One more look at the sleeping fire princess and he left the room.

Outside...

Yan Da's troop is waiting for him.

"Master Yun Fei, what do you want us to do?"

"Master?" Yun Fei asked, confused.

"Yes, Princess Yan Da told us to call you that. She also told us that whenever she's unable to lead us we should follow your orders instead."

"I see. Then, I want you to carefully search the whole palace. Send some soldiers outside too. Look for the ice crystal or something unusual. If you find anything, then tell me immediately. We can't commit the same mistake again." Yun Fei ordered.

"Of course, young master Yun Fei." The soldier replied. "Let's go." He then commanded to the others.

Yun Fei watch them leave. Determination in his eyes.

Yan Da, I won't disappoint you.

On the side which is hidden behind some plants, Ka Suo and Li Luo watched him.

"Prince Ka Suo?" the envoy guardian asked. She could feel the prince aura shift. Realization, confusion, happiness, and fear. "What's wrong?"

The prince didn't answer her. His mind was busy remembering what happened the day he lost the ice leaf.

_Flashback start_

He was contented looking at the river in front of him when he felt someone behind him. Turning around, he was met by younger man's serious expression.

"Is there something that you need?" he asked, calmly.

"The ice leaf." Answered the other man simply.

Ka Suo frowned. "You know that I can't give it to you."

Yun Fei smirked. "I wasn't asking." He then raised his arm blasting Ka Suo into a tree.

Ka Suo gasped not only in pain but in surprise. "Y-you... how is it that you have the Ice tribe's magical abilities?"

"I'm here to take the ice crystal. Not answer your questions. Now, are you going to give it to me or not?"

"No." Ka Suo said, standing up.

"Oh well," said the younger man, raising his arm again. This time he called out to the ice crystal on the older ice prince's hidden pocket. Ka Suo was frozen. Slowly, he saw the ice leaf materialized in the younger one's hand.

"S-shi?" he stated. Yun Fei just gave him one more look before disappearing.

_Flashback end_

"Prince Ka Suo?" the nevoy guardian said louder this time getting the prince attention.

"Huh?"

"Is there something wrong?"

"I finally found my brother but why does he have to be by the fire princess side?"

"Your brother? Prince Shi? Are you sure it's him?"

Ka Suo let out a sad smile. "There's no denying it. He was able to call the ice crystal to him. He has strong Ice magical powers. Lastly, the strong scent of cherry blossom engraved in him. He's Shi."

"What is your plan then Ka Suo? You saw how he is with the fire princess."

Ka Suo shook his head. "I don't know. For now, let's focus on getting the ice leaf from this tribe."

Li Luo nodded, following him.

____________________________________________

30 minutes passed...

The three are now back in the throne room with elder Xun Hao.

"How exactly are we going to save His Lordship?" Yun Fei asked the elder.

"You have to enter his dreams. Be careful though. His dreams could change abruptly without any warning. You can get lost and not come back."

"And it's the only way?" Ka Suo said.

The Elder nodded.

"Then so be it." Yun Fei said already settling himself on one of the chairs.

Ka Suo looked at his envoy guardian. "You can stay if you want to."

Li Luo shook her head. "No, I'm coming with you. I promised that I'll protect you always don't I?"

Ka Suo smiled, squeezing her hand. The two then settled themselves in their own chairs.

Xun Hao then raised his hand, making them fall asleep.

_______________________________________

Opening their eyes, the trio saw that they're now inside Xing Jiu's dream where a festival is ongoing.

Looking up they saw the banner, it said. "Princess Xing Gui's 100th birthday.