Chapter 3: Moments

After dressing his wounds, Princess Yan Da suddenly stood up.

"Let's go," she said walking towards the door.

"Huh?" Yun Fei muttered, confused.

"You want to look around right?" said the fire princess looking at him. "I'll go with you."

Yun Fei smiled. He then followed her.

Yan Da's POV

Looking around the healer tribe wasn't on my plan. Honestly, the tribe doesn't interest me at all. All I could see are plants and... well more plants. However, seeing how prone Yun Fei is to accidents I have no choice but to accompany him. I sighed, looking at him. He looked so happy just looking around.

I let out a small smile. At least one of us is enjoying this. Suddenly, he was pushed by someone. I immediately held his shoulders steadying him.

"Watch it." I said firmly, glaring at the person who pushed him.

"I'm so sorry," the man said, leaving quickly as he could.

Facing Yun Fei, I flicked his forehead.

"Are you always like this?" I asked him a bit irritated.

He chuckled, looking down. He then nodded slowly.

"It's decided then. From now on, I'll accompany you whenever you want to go look around. Just come to my room and ask. Understand?"

He looked hesitant.

"Or you won't be able to look around anymore." I said, making him nod in agreement. I was kidding of course but I didn't like the idea of him getting hurt.

Based on the bruises and scars I saw on his body when I was dressing him. He gets hurt a lot.

"Let's go," I said urging him to go first.

He did, making me smile. I don't know why but I'm already really fond of him.

I also feel really calm and contented when I'm with him. Usually, I easily get bored and irritated. Why is it that it feels like everything's going to be alright? With him standing by my side ...

I don't understand. What are these feelings?

Yun Fei's POV

I couldn't stop smiling. It's not only because I was enjoying the tour.

But because Princess Yan Da is with me. Strange. Is it because I've been alone most of my life that I long for her company? Or is it because of something else?

I frowned. Ah, forget it. I should just enjoy this moment.

"Ah!" I said, spotting my favorite fruit. Strawberries. Eagerly, I went to the stall where it is.

I grinned, biting my lip. The strawberries looked so good. They're also big like the size of my palm.

"They're freshly picked," said the vendor, looking at me.

I sighed. Too bad. I don't have any money.

"Give us a whole bag." Said Princess Yan Da behind me. My eyes widened, looking at her. I actually forgot about her. Sometimes, I'm like that when it comes to food.

"Princess," I said about to protest but she shushed me.

"Just take the bag," she stated, paying the vendor.

Taking the bag, I met her gaze. "Thank you." I said shyly. She just smiled, looking around.

"Let's go there," she said pointing at a big tree.

When we are there, we sat on one of its' trunks. I looked up. amazed by the huge tree. In my town, they were only small trees. Only few of them were fruit bearing ones so the price for fruits are high.

"Go on eat some." Said Princess Yan Da, looking at me.

I looked at the strawberries in the bag. So, tempting. I picked one biting into it. I moaned.

The princess laughed. "Is it that good?"

I just nodded. The strawberry is sweet and a bit sour. Just the way I like it. I finished the one I'm eating then got another giving it to her.

"Go on try it," I said.

She smiled, getting the fruit from me. She then bit into it, eyes widening.

"You're right this is good." She said, grinning.

The whole morning, we spent it touring and trying some fruits and things. It was really fun. I hope in the future we can spend more time like this together...

"The best thing in life is called moments."

~Child0fYanShi