Chapter 8: He's her...

Yan Da's POV

Few hours more and we have to go to the dream tribe. I sighed. If only it's up to me, I wouldn't  go in there. It brings too many bittersweet memories. However, it looks like I have no choice but to face him again.

Xing Jiu... it had been years. Did you...Aish, why am I thinking like this again. Yan Da, remember why you left him!

General POV

With that thought, Yan Da unconsciously brought her hand up to her stomach. It lingered there for a while. Remembering the life that was once there but not anymore.

Slowly, tears fell from the fire princess eyes. Missing the child that she had lost. Igniting again the anger she feels for its father.

"Princess Yan Da?" Yun Fei said in worry. Extreme sadness and hate could be felt in the princess's aura. "What's wrong?"

Yan Da wiped her tears. "It's nothing. Just prepare yourself because we're leaving after two hours."

Yun Fei didn't leave. He stood there still looking at her in worry. Seeing that, Yan Da gave him a reassuring smile.

"I'm fine. Go. Call me when we have to leave." She said, stroking his cheek gently. Yun Fei nodded, reluctantly leaving her alone.

2 hours later...

They're now at the Dream Tribe. Yan Da immediately went to its palace. Directing her troop in there. The faster they get the Ice leaf, the faster they can leave this painful place.

Entering the throne room, she smirked. "They say that enemies' cross paths often. It seems that it's true."

She stated, looking directly at Ka Suo and his envoy guardian.

Ka Suo's gaze though wasn't focus on her but on the man behind her. Yun Fei returned his gaze, coldly.

"Elder Xun Hao, you know that we came here for the Ice crystal. Either hand it over right away or you can make your land a battle field." The fire princess stated.

"Princess Yan Da, we will hand over the ice crystal leaf. However, you will have to rescue His Lordship first."

Hearing that, Yan Da's serious expression changed into a worried one. "What do you mean? What happened to Xing Jiu?"

"Follow me," the elder replied, directing them deeper into the room.

Not long, they saw the King of Dream tribe. He's in a deep sleep.

"Why is he in this state?" Yan Da asked, looking at her former beau. She doesn't want to. But she could feel her heart beats in worry. Honestly, she wanted to reach out and...

Get a hold of yourself Yan Da! She silently reprimanded herself. But these feelings... do I still love him?

"Lord Xing Jiu is in a dream."

"Is he trapped? Like the one we have seen a while ago?" Li Luo asked, also studying the sleeping king.

"No. His Lordship chose to put himself in a deep sleep. He doesn't wish to wake up."

Yan Da frowned. "Why?"

"It's been years since you've been here Princess Yan Da so you don't know about it but Princess Xing Gui had passed away in her 100th birthday."

The fire princess's eyes widened in shock. "X-Xing G-Gui passed away?"

Elder Xun Hao nodded." Dui bu qi, Princess Yan Da. I know that you two were really close."

Yan Da looked up, blinking the tears in her eyes away." Heh, so you've put yourself in a dream to escape reality again."

She then faced Xing Jiu, walking towards him. "Xing Jiu, you haven't change at all. You coward."

Suddenly, the energy surrounding the sleeping king reacted. Enveloping the fire princess. Making her unconscious.

Seeing her fall, Yun Fei quickly caught her. "Princess Yan Da!"

He said, quickly checking on her. "What's going on?" He asked, looking at Xun Hao who was also surprised at what happened.

The elder crouched down, putting his arm above the fire princess head.

"It seems like His Lordship has pulled her into his dreams. I never thought that their connection is this strong."

The trio looked at him in confusion.

"Ah, you don't know... Princess Yan Da and His Lordship were lovers."

__________________________________________

"He's her first love. The one who made a big scar on her heart. The reason why she had built barriers around her heart. However, even if it's like that. She still misses him from time to time. Now, Yun Fei... what are you going to do?" (~Child0fYanShi)