Chapter 7: Realization

Currently...

Yan Da could be seen training with one of her soldiers.  She was angry and frustrated. A while ago her brother had met her and told her that their father had sent him to assist her and not to fail this time or else...

"Ya! Get up!" Yan Da said to the fallen soldier. "How dare you mock me brother! I'll show you! Someday ,I'll become a Queen and you'll bow down to me!"

She said, delivering one final blow at the soldier.

Yun Fei was behind a tree, watching her. While he did that, he remembered something. It was when he was just a kid and everyone in his town bullied him.

In those times, he would vent his anger out by throwing snowballs at a tree. Shouting at how he hated them...somehow, the fire princess reminded him of his old self.

"Yan Da." he said, walking towards the crying fire princess. Yan Da quickly avoided his gaze, wiping her tears away.

"What are you doing here?"

"Watching you," He answered honestly.

"You." Yan Da said, pursing her lips.

"Yan Da, I know how you feel but instead of staying in the shadows of those whom you hate. How about making your own path? Because the longer you stay in their shadows, you'll most likely become like them in the future."

"You talk as if you..."

Yun Fei looked down. "I know because once I also almost killed the people who used to mocked me."

"What stopped you?"

"Realization that I would be worse than them if I did that."

Yan Da's forehead creased, thinking about what he had said. Yun Fei smiled.

"Becoming a Queen is that what you really wanted?" he asked.

"I just want to prove myself to them. I want them to respect me too and see that I'm worth something." She whispered, letting her tears fall again. Yun Fei's eyes softened. Then abruptly, it became serious.

He then kneeled down on one knee in front of the fire princess, surprising her.

"Yun Fei?"

Yun Fei smiled, bowing and putting a hand on his chest. Promising himself to her.

"I, Yun Fei, is from now on princess Yan Da's faithful servant. I promise to serve and protect you until the day that I die. I also promise to help you fulfill your dreams." He then met her gaze. The continued.

"I will make you Queen whom people will respect and look up to . I will stand by you no matter what. These words are true. So, mote it be. Princess Yan Da, rest assured. I will never betray you."

He said sincerely, looking into her eyes.

Yan Da smiled, taking out her sword. "Rise, Yun Fei. From now on, you'll stand by my side not only as my servant but as my loyal friend and protector."

Yun Fei returned her smile, standing up.

"Oh yeah, there's something else," He said, bringing out the real reason why he's there.

Yan Da's eyes widened, seeing the case containing the ice leaf. "How did you!?"

Yun Fei winked," I have my ways. Here. Keep it safe."

Yan Da laughed, not able to contain herself. She hugged the man in front of her.

Yun Fei was surprise but after a while he returned her hug. Bringing her close to him.

That moment, he realized that he's really starting to fall for her...

Meanwhile with Ka Suo and Li Luo...

"Prince Ka Suo!" Li Luo said, helping the Ice Prince up. "What happened!?"

Ka Suo grunted, holding his injured arm.

"Who did this to you?" Li Luo asked again. Ka Suo just shook his head, not wanting to answer her.

Shi...He silently whispered.