CHAPTER 1: Part 2

Celiaste made her way down the hallway, running her fingers on the old coffee colored paper. It felt coarse, and small bumps here and there freckled the surface. She peeked her head through the doorway of the kitchen, and smiled at her grandmother, who was sitting on the wooden stool next to the stove, her eyes fixated on the kettle.

"I'm here. What tea are we making this time?"

Celiaste asked, adding a pep to her voice as to not worry her grandmother. She didn't want her to think she was still riled up about the nightmare she had.

"Ah, just in time, the water is just about ready. Lets have some chamomile tea hm?"

Celiaste nodded and walked over to the pantry next to the window that looked out to the land. She picked the mason jar with the chamomile in it, and took it out. The jar was about a little less than half full, and that was because chamomile was Celiaste's favorite. She loved its soft welcoming aroma, and smooth taste. Plus, it was good for numbers of things, including headaches and stress. She walked over to the kettle, and placed her thumbnail on the lid, testing the temperature.

"Yep, just right."

She exclaimed, and opened the kettle, a small puff of steam escaping from it. She took a small handful of chamomile leaves from the jar, and slid them inside, closing the lid. She stepped back, and felt something behind her foot, causing her to almost trip.

"W-WOAH!"

Celiaste yelled, and caught her self before she could fall. Squire rubbed against Celiaste's leg, purring loudly.

"Jesus Squire! You scared the crap out of me, you devil!"

Celiaste glared down at the fat Australian cat. Squire sneezed in response, and Grandmother laughed.

"That cats going to be the end of you Celiaste!"

She snuffed and looked away.

"No kidding, now I've had two heart attacks! Why lord, why must I be punished?"

She pretend begged, and Grandmother smirked.

"Its probably that karma biting back at you from the time you at all those raspberry chocolate tarts hm?"

Celiaste blushed in anger and defeat, which only made Grandmother laugh harder.

"F-Fine!"

She pouted, and lay her head on the table. Grandmother smiled down at her, and brushed a strand of hair from out of Celiaste's face.

"Just like your mother. So feisty."

She smiled back. Celiaste pulled on her best pouty face, then broke out into laughter. Moments later, the kettle whistled as steam blew furiously out the small hole. Celiaste turned down the heat, and took the kettle off. She pulled out her dark emerald green mug and her grandmothers faded purple mug, pouring a generous amount of tea in both. The aroma wafted up to Celiastes nose, and she inhaled, letting the soft sweet smell of chamomile filled her head. She handed her grandmother her mug, and they both walked outside. The warm summer air brushed against Celiastes skin, and she sighed.

"Today will be lovely."

Explained her grandmother, who plopped down on the little old rocking chair with the dark purple cushions. Celiaste nodded and sat down on her chair, a quaint little couch that she pulled out of the garage. It was deep blue, and had a strip of gold metal around the base. She had placed some pillows on it, which made it her ideal place to spend time in, reading books and drinking tea. She looked out on the land, watching the sun peek its way through the mountains and hills.

"Another beautiful sunrise hm Granny?"

Grandmother nodded.

They both sat there and watched the sun make its way up. Celiaste looked out, and into the forest that stretched as far as she could see.

Today, she was going to explore the woods.