Chapter 5

Luma eyed down Celiaste with an edge of curiosity.

"You smell human, but your spirit has yet determined itself.. Interesting indeed, Daughter of Maryiah."

Blinking and obviously confused, Celiaste stared at Luma. Fia smiled, a kind of smile that one would pull if she was hiding something. She finally spoke up.

"Luma is a Spirit Tinixy. She can sense souls and control heavenly power to some extent."

Luma nodded and shrugged.

"And I'm practicing Devilry too."

Heavenly power? Devilry? Sensing souls? Celiaste blinked, and judging by the concerned expressions of Luma and Fia, they could probably see the confusion in her face.A silence fell between them for a bit, until Luma spoke up. An edge of frustration hung in her words, ever so faintly, but definitley present.

"Has she not been told? About me, or about the testing?"

Fia smiled nervously, and her tail drooped.

"Ah, well you see...we just picked her up. We havent been able to reach her, because she hadnt yet unlocked her scent-"

Luma's burning golden eyes flashed to Fia.

"Well then, I suppose you wanted ME to tell her? Fia you know the strict orders issued by the Council, the Daughter of Maryiah must be tested. We dont even know if she-"

Luma glanced cautiously at Celiaste, who frowned. Leaning in to Fia, they both turned away from Celiaste and began whispering frantically. A sense of hurt flashed through Celiaste. They were hiding something about her, and she wasn't allowed to know? As they continued to bicker quietly, Celiaste walked to the side, and plopped down on a soft cube in the corner. Fia let out a loud exsasperated sigh, and finally they stopped talking.

"Fine! Ill send Ritaria over, she'll take her there. I'm not going back, you of all people should know this.."

Luma placed a reassuring hand on Fia's shoulder, squeezing slightly.

"I understand."

Both turning, Celiaste perks up.

"Whats going on?"

Luma coughed and turned away, leaving Fia.

"Ah, hun, you see.. I should have- I mean I was supposed to go straight to the Council to have you tested. Maryiah, she was a strong soldier and commander, but she was also one of the few lingering left of her kind, the Yilanz, which made her not only rare, but extremeley..."

Fia paused and glanced at Luma.

"Powerful. The Yilanz have the ability to learn quickly and efficiently, as well as another talent. The Wish of Death."

Luma flinched and turned completely away from Celiaste, hiding her face. Celiaste was both terrified and intrigued. Fia let out a shaky breath.

"Your mother, she.. she was a carrier of the power. She had never had any reason to use it, no one in her kind had in almost 3 thousand years. But, when the war struck.. she didnt have a choice..."

Fia took one last breath.

"Your mother used it, and it left a devastating mark on hundreds of citizens. We must get you tested, to see-"

"To see if I have it. To see if I'm able to do it."

Fia's ears went flat against her silky purple hair, and her tail no longer had even a little bit of life, hanging and almost dragging on the floor.

"Yes."

A silence of tension fell. Fia turned and swiped her hand across the sleek silver surface of the AI system and began typing away furiously. Luma glanced at Celiaste, and grunted before walking over to her. Celiaste finally got a good look at her, including her pained expression. She wore a thick burgundy sweater, with regular blue jeans. Her skin was a light mocha, and her eyes- or one of her eyes was a bright golden hue. The other eye was hidden by her hair, which was swept to the side. She looked almost human, except for her ears and..tail. Her ears were pointed, like the ones fairies or elves have in the childrens books on earth, and her tail, well there wasn't much to it. It was a sleek, deep crimson color, thin and shiny. It moved smoothly, and at the tip was an arrow like shape, a bit thicker and much darker colored, almost black.

Celiaste soon realized that Luma didn't look human. She looked like the Devil.

Luma sat down on a cube across from Celiaste, and locked eye contact.

"I know you are probably confused. Pardon what my accomplice had said, it was not meant to frighten you."

Celiaste shook her head.

"Its fine, I'm still adjusting."

Luma opened her mouth to say something, when Fia turned around suddenly.

"They're back."

Luma immediately stood up, Celiaste following. The door on the opposite side of the room opened, and Ritaria stepped in, as well as another person in pursuit.

"Amber!"

Celiaste jumped, absolutely scared out of her wits at the sudden outburst from Luma. The girl, or Amber, looked over and Celiaste couldn't help but stare. Her hair, was a soft red color.. it almost looked natural.

Luma ran to Amber, and kissed her. Celiaste gawked, and tried to hide her surprise. No such luck, as Ritaria came over to her and laughed, playfully punching her in the arm.

"Are they-"

"Married? Yep. For almost 3 years now, and still Luma acts like this without fail. Its hilarious sometimes, you should've seen them at the 3 Moons Festival, Amber-"

"Ahem."

Ritaria choked a bit on the last words as Fia came to her side. Celiaste grinned.

"I guess I should also tell Celiaste here how scared you were to even propose to me, or how we've been married for almost 7 years? Or how about that time when you came into my room in the beginnings of dawn to-"

"Alright!"

Celiaste giggled and turned her attention back to Luma and Amber, who were both flustering over who should carry some boxes to a room.

"Luma, please. I can do it myself-"

"But what if you hurt yourself Amber?"

Amber placed a kiss on Luma's cheek.

"I wont, I promise."

As Amber hobbled away with a stack of clearly heavy boxes into another room, Luma quietly followed her, her hands open and at the ready to save Amber if need be. Celiaste smiled, while Ritaria scoffed.

"Ah, there they go. Anyway, Fia you called me because..?"

Fia's ears flicked up, and she clicked her tongue.

"Ah! Yes, Ritaria you will be taking Celiaste to the Council."

Ritaria whirled around to Fia, a look of horror etched in her face.

"Your actually crazy."

"Excuse me?"

Fia's sudden dark tone cause Ritaria's ears to flatten against her head and whimper.

"Last I remembered, you also almost poisoned Celiaste."

Ritaria let out a strangled squeak and mumbled something before stalking out of the room and disappearing. Fia sighed and gently touched Celiaste's arm.

"She'll get over it. Ill have the ship make her favorite dish for dinner tonight."

Celiaste smiled, and Fia turned back and wandered to the ships control panel. Celiaste glanced around the room, unsure of what to do, when she heard a low hissing coming from her right. Turning her head, she saw the bright blue green eyes of Amber, hissing at her from a slightly ajar door.

"Pssst!"

She motioned for her to come, and Celiaste walked over. The moment she got close, Amber struck her hand out and grabbed her, yanking her inside.

"Hey!"

"Shhh!"

The door closed and Amber smirked.

"Theres so much you need to know."