"So Ting... what exactly is the meaning of this?"

"Our ride to AnimationCon," The CEO replied from inside the ride and beckoned me to join her with a hand wave. "Come now. Let's not waste any more precious time."

"We are actually taking this?"

"Yes, something wrong?"

Ting tilted her head in contemplation, possibly wondering about my reaction. Her tone indicated somewhat of a confusion.

"I was not expecting something like this."

I tried my best to maintain a serious face towards Ting. But it was too damn hard. Because parked right in front of my cheap and traditional Airbnb was a limousine.

A smooth jet-black limousine.

Yes, the one you would reserve online for special occasions like senior prom. Not for a typical outing such as an anime convention. At the very least, not to my knowledge.

Then again, I was a normal person compared to Ting.

It felt like we lived in two vastly different worlds. My definition of a ride taking the popular Taipei Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) or on the expensive side: Taxi. But her definition was something else. And I should have known from eating the expensive BBQ with her last night.

Am I dreaming?

No. Only a CEO would do something like this and think it's normal.

I actually can't believe this.

"Cheng? Are you okay?"

"Sorry, I am coming in right now."

So my third day in Taiwan and I am in a limo with an older girl to watch my favorite anime. 

Mom, are you proud of me? 

"Driver, you know what to do." 

"Yes, ma'am."

The chauffeur in a nice jet-black suit and tie grinned widely and gave his thumbs up. He moved his hand swiftly on the gear stick. With a loud screeching sound, we departed for our exclusive 2-day, 1-night convention.

"How are you doing today, Cheng?"

Ting initiated the conversation with ease, which reduced my anxiety. As a shy introvert, I always appreciated when the other person talked or asked questions. It seemed like there was no need to worry about awkward silence.

"I'm doing well. How about you?"

"Wonderful!" She exclaimed in a high-pitched tone before clearing her throat. "I mean. I am excited, especially for the first episode premiere."

"I know," I smiled. "You look really happy."

"Oh, do I?"

She opened her iPhone and checked her face through the camera app.

"Yes. Your happiness is making me happy too."

"Ah."

Watching the CEO in front of me act cluelessly cute was absolutely heartwarming. It made me feel special to know I was one of the few to see this different side of her. Compared to all the girls I knew back in the States, Ting was a unique yet mature woman.

And I loved that.

"How do I look?"

The business lady was wearing a pastel-pink dress, nicely matched with cutesy accessories such as star jewelry and tiny white ribbons. Her black hair was perfected with a large bowtie near the top and then loosened into relaxed waves. Of course, Ting's make-up accentuated her already beautiful face into a whole new level.

I could tell she was going for a moe look today.

You would never expect a CEO to wear something like this.

So different from the businesswear.

She looks cute... way too cute.

"You look really attractive..."

I averted my eyes as my voice trailed off into a soft whisper. To my surprise, she laughed at my reaction. The sound of her laughter filled the limousine with light-hearted camaraderie.

"Thank you, I was going for the Princess Meow's vintage outfit look."

"Oh, that's why it looked so familiar! It's from Season 2, Episode 1 right?"

Ting nodded approvingly and pawed her hand at me.

"Well done for noticing, Meow!~"

My heart melted again at how adorable she was.

I noticed that we sat directly across from each other. Despite making plans so casually at the dinner last night, a professional distance remained. But it made sense. I had only met her yesterday. It would be weird if I sat next to her, surrounded by all these empty seats in the limo.

I can't believe I am actually doing this.

I never expected myself to be this spontaneous in Taiwan.

Ting's brown eyes continued to twinkle in ardor as we continued the MEOWCAT discussion. We had similar views and agreed on almost every topic. From raving about our favorite characters to making guesses on what will happen next, it was so nice.

Her facial expression said it all; she was a hardcore fangirl.

"Care for a glass?"

She opened a small compartment and poured herself a glass from an expensive-looking wine bottle. It had the year of 1956 on the label.

"Sorry, I don't drink often," A hint of disappointment appeared on her face. "Unless it's for special occasions. How about a rain check?"

"Raincheck."

Ting held up her glass, toasting to my words before gulping it down in mere seconds.

CEO daytime, party animal nighttime?