The CEO let out a soft chuckle towards my joke, which was surprisingly adorable to hear. I did not expect to see Amae's human side. But there was something heartwarming about it, which helped alleviate the nervousness residing in my heart.

I can't believe it...

So she is capable of laughing after all.

Wearing a light-hearted smile, Amae bent down near a small mahogany cabinet and opened the cupboard. My eyes marveled at the hidden treasure. Inside was several prestige-edition of MEOWCATS figurines, lined up in a neat row.

WHAT IS ALL THIS?!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.

"I've been collecting since high school. Oh, my favorite one in the office is the Japanese Summer Kimono! And the one on the very right is my first figurine that started my passion."

All the while, Amae was smiling widely like an innocent teenager showing off her grand secret collection. Something told me she does not have the opportunity to share her babies often.

"Wow... I am speechless... I don't know anyone else as devoted as you are."

"Yes, I am proud of my figurines," she beamed at my comment. "But it's unfortunate that many dropped the show after Season 5."

"Oh, I remember that! I thought that was one of the best moments in the anime."

"You liked it?"

Amae raised an eyebrow and studied me with a pair of curious eyes. I guess she did not expect me to say such a statement.

After a rather infamous anime scene, Prince Mao died gloriously in combat. Of course, the director's decision did not go well since he was a fan favorite. For many following the show since Season 1, this was an absolute outrage. The reasoning was that many empathized with him and some even saw themselves being that character. 

There were petitions made on Change.org to bring back Prince Mao from the dead. For two weeks, the studio was bombarded with letters of complaints and the director received death threats.

Nothing was ever done from the production side. Princess Meow eventually became the leading protagonist as it continued airing. Thus, the show gradually decreased in the overall rankings, never reachings its former heights after that incident.

Still, many fans like me and I am assuming the CEO too respected the plot and continued following the story. 

No matter what happens, we were staying with our childhood show to the very end.

"Yes, I loved the boldness and how it actually broke away from the stereotypical tropes. Having a female protagonist is so refreshing."

"I agree. I love how it doesn't conform to traditional gender roles. You don't see that often nowadays, especially with the type of shows that are popular like isekais. They are always male protagonists saving the female damsel in distress," She nodded and paused briefly. "Actually, I am planning to attend an event tomorrow."

Now that Amae mentioned it, she's right.

"What type of event?"

"You heard of AnimationCon in Taoyuan?"

"YES!" My voice grew more excited. "That was the one I was looking at yesterday!"

It's so hecking expensive tho!