Even though our stomach did not have too much space, the second round quickly came and so did the third. The delicious food was like an unstoppable onslaught and we were soon at its mercy. Near the end of the final round, my belly was feeling quite stuffed. I sank into my seat and felt my food baby of a stomach wanting to be released free.

But I must not do so. I shall not. It would be embarrassing to act so casual to the beautiful lady dining in front of me.

Well, the quality of the food obviously made me extremely hungry and unleashed the wild foodie in me. So I ended up feasting on everything like the cookie monster. The black-mosaic table was filled with a delicious spread of raw meat, fresh vegetables, and various arrangements of seafood platter. So I guess I became the hot pot monster?

MALA did live up to its hype, surpassing my expectations in terms of customer service and yummy factor. Not to mention, their signature numbing spicy (麻辣) did help me loosen up a bit. That was a good thing.

It's hard to focus on your anxiety when your tongue is literally burning.

As a foodie, I rated this place a ten out of ten. My mind was already thinking of bringing my future co-workers here, wanting them to experience the same happiness I was feeling at this exact moment. To the readers, I would recommend this place to you too.

"How is everything so far?"

"A dream come true."

"That's quite the compliment," Amae smiled as she casually opened the third Soju bottle. Throughout the meal, the CEO had been chugging shots like a wild college student. I was surprised at her tolerance. "Let's discuss some plans for tomorrow."

"What type of planning?"

"The areas we must visit and merchandise we must buy. We also can't forget about the handmade treasures in the artist gallery. These are top priorities that must be finished before the day is over!"

Amae's eyes filled with raw determination, which was absolutely sexy to see in a woman. I could only imagine how charismatic she was while working. Part of me wondered if I will ever have the opportunity to see this CEO in action.

"Well, this will be my first time seeing a Taiwan-held artist gallery," I nodded in excitement but raised my brow as she was already halfway through her bottle. "But right now, I am more concerned about you. Will you be okay?"

"Drinking is a big part of corporate culture here. No need to worry about me since I am used to it."

That's exactly why I am worried.

"Alright, if you say so," I said reluctantly. 

"Takes more than this to do damage," Amae admired her Soju bottle for a moment as I could tell she was already tipsy. Likewise, her body was more relaxed, revealing a slight cleavage line from her loosened white collar. I tried not to succumb to temptation and concentrated on her mysterious brown eyes. "You don't want any? It's my treat."

"I'll pass."

"It's peach flavor."

"I'll definitely pass since I am allergic to peach."

"I can order you grapefruit or Yakult instead."

I shook my head and continued to politely refuse Amae's generous offer. This was where I needed to maintain the boundary, no matter how disappointed she may be.

Although Yakult flavor sounded pretty amazing, there was something about the aftertaste of alcohol itself that disgusted me to the core. The few times I made exceptions were with a close group of friends or birthdays. Even then, I would be mindful of my intake, fearing for a blackout in someone else's house. I could end up on their snapchat story or worse, becoming blackmail material down the road.