The tell tale

I was attempting to sneak back to my room unnoticed by the boys when Eleanor had to open her big mouth. "Oh hey, Ree!" she said cheerfully.

I cringed as all the boys heads turned at once to stare at me. It would have been comical if I wasn't wrapped in nothing but a damp towel.

"Forget your clothes again?" Harry asked.

"No dip Sherlock."

"Is it that time of the month, Ari?" Zayn asked with a innocent smile. I growled at him and he laughed. I miss the days where I could scare people.

"Did Harry tell you his mum is coming today?" Niall asked. I nearly dropped my towel because I turned around to look at him so fast. "She wants to meet this 'mystery flatmate'."

"WHAT?!"

"I'll take that as a no..."

I rounded on Harry. "When were you planning on mentioning this tiny little detail?"

He fidgeted and refused to make eye contact. YAY! I'm scary again! "Well... she called me this morning... I didn't know she was even in London. To surprise us... and she's stopping by... surprise!" Harry finished weakly. I stared at him before turning around and stalking back to my room. What am I meant to wear? What if his mother judges me? What if she hates me and tells me to move out?!

I threw in an outfit that I deemed acceptable and ran back into the lounge room. Louis and Eleanor had gone, leaving Liam, Zayn, Harry and Niall sitting on the carpet. I was about to ask why they weren't using chairs like normal people but I couldn't really be bothered and frankly, knowing them, it would be some crazy, weird reason that I probably wouldn't want to know.

Typical One Direction and their crazy shenanigans.

I yanked my fingers through my messy curls. "Do any of you know how to use a hair-straightener?" I asked, holding up my pink GHD.

"I do," Liam said. "Why?"

"Awesome. You're straightening my hair," I told him, grabbing his arm and pulling him to my room without waiting for his answer. I brushed my hair while the iron heated up and grabbed a cork heat-mat from the kitchen so I wouldn't set my guilt on fire.

"Is this Harry the Raccoon?" Liam asked, picking him up and sitting in my bed.

"Yeah," I replied, sitting in front of him. I felt the warmth on the back if my neck as Liam clamped the straightener near my roots. "How'd you know about him?"

"Harry told us. The human Harry, I mean," Liam said, a smirk evident in his voice.

I was quiet for a minute. Does Harry talk about me to the boys? What does he say? Good things, I hope. The boys never have been rude to me or mean to me so I'm assuming he only says nice stuff. What about Louis? I bet he and Eleanor have secret conversations about everyone. They're so cute together. I hope to be cute with someone like that one day.

I hope Mrs Styles likes me- it would be a bit awkward if she didn't. I mean, I'm living with her son and his best friend. What if I do something to offend her!?

I hissed as I was roughly yanked back to the reality by the form of a sharp burn in my collar bone. "I'm so sorry, Ari! I didn't mean to do that! Are you okay?!" Liam said, dropping the straightener, his voice raising with each word. I would have laughed if the sting of the burn wasn't flooding my eyes. I hate burns. I think they hurt more than cuts or broken bones.

"I'm fine," I said through gritted teeth.

"Are you sure? You're not, are you. Stay here; I'm getting some ice," he said. He disappeared from my room and I let a couple of tears of pain fall, brushing them away before he could come back. "Here," he said, opening my door and pressing a cold-pack to my neck.