Harry and Ariadne nearly destroy the world

---

.

Honestly, I felt like a hooker. My strapless bustier showed my stomach, my skirt was tight and short and my heels were high. That is why I usually don't let other people choose my outfits. Elle had curled my hair for me and pinned it to the side. I decided to go with natural-style makeup since my outfit was hookerish enough. But if it pulls Zayn, I guess that's what matters. The gold, metal collar-style necklace was tight around my neck but I resisted the urge to tug it looser.

Eleanor had a pretty black dress. It was short, and the top was sheer lace, exposing her black bra underneath. Her blue heels were painful just to look at. I have no idea how she could walk in them; I would have broken both my ankles and probably an arm by now.

"Ready?" she asked, spraying her straightened hair with hairspray.

I nodded, picking up my bag.

The boys were waiting silently in the lounge. As promised, Harry had spoken to Liam, but Zayn hadn't. He was still angry over Liam's reaction. Harry was mad at Zayn. Zayn was mad at everyone but me, Louis and Elle. Life is too confusing. Why can't everyone just be happy for a change and poop butterflies and ponies? Then the world would truly be a better place.

I sighed as we left my room. The boys all stood up when we turned the corner of the hallway.

"Go change. Now."

Eleanor glared at Louis. "No!"

"Yes. You too, Ariadne."

I gaped at him. "Why?!"

"Because I can see too much skin," he said.

"No, Dad, I'm staying in this," I said, rolling my eyes and crossing to Zayn, taking his hand.

Harry gave me half a smile but I just nodded in his direction. I was still angry over how he sold out Zayn so quickly earlier. They were meant to be best friends, the five of them, by they all turned on each other so quickly. Over something as small as me, too!

Harry sighed. "If they're not changing, let's go then."

Silently we headed down to the limo waiting in the street. Everyone squished into the elevator but Zayn took the stairs with me so I wouldn't be alone. My phone buzzed in my bag and I pulled it out to check my message.

Number Withheld:

Have fun at the party tonight! Surely a wannabe like yourself is on the A-List... for now.

I deleted the message and tucked my phone away. I had a nagging feeling that it was the same 'number withheld' as last time.

"Who was that?" Zayn asked, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Wrong number," I said, trying more to convince myself of that.

We met the others at the bottom of the stairs and headed out to the limo. I remained zoned out for the ride there, staring at the streetlights and the sky out the window.

I've always loved the stars and the sky. When I was little, all the other girls would say they wanted to be a princess, but I would always stand with the boys and say "I want to be an astronaut." I want to fly to the limit of the universe. I want to find the limit of the universe. Sometimes I wonder where it ends, if the sky is boundless... like the horizon; you think you can see the end but you can never really reach it. And stars fascinate me, too, the way they just hang in the midst of nothing and everything. When I have daughters, their names will be Lila, Lux and Stella. Lila means night, Lux means light, and Stella means star. Have you ever wondered about life on other planets? About parallel universes or aliens? I don't know if I believe in that, but the universe is so wide that, like the ocean, there are still wide berths of uncharted, undiscovered space. Anything could be out there.