the best feeling in the world

PREVIOUSLY ON LIVING IN LONDON

The bus was in the middle of the road, missing it's front right tire. The road was long and stretched for ages with nothin but a cliff on one side and a beach on the other. Harry took my hand and lead me to the large rocks between the sand and the road. We sat down together, facing the water.

I shivered in the warm breeze and Harry wrapped his arm around me to keep me warm. We were silent for a few minutes until he spoke again, quietly and close to my ear.

"I'm really sorry."

"It's okay," I told him, but he shook his head, his nose brushing against my hair.

"No, it's not. I hate fighting with you, especially over dumb things."

"Me too," I agreed, turning to face him. "Let's try to forget about it?"

He nodded and drew tiny circles on the back of my hand as we listened to the sound of the waves rolling onto the shore and returning out to sea. The sky was a strange shade of bluey-pink and was completely clear, except for the faint stars starting to appear and the faint moon hanging already, waiting for nighttime.

"There's something I have to say," Harry said suddenly, turning on our rock to face me.

I instantly felt sick. He's going to break up with me. I can feel it in my ovaries.

Really, Harry? Take me to the beach to watch the sunset and end our relationship? Nice. (Granted the bus broke, leaving us at the beach but whatever.)

"I know we've been fighting a lot lately but I can try to-"

"I love you."

I stared at him. Did Harry really just says those three words I was so worried about. Did he really just say them to me while we're sitting at the beach watching the sunset?

How beautiful! I love my life right now.

He was looking directly in my eyes but I could see his confidence slowly fading and being overtaken by nerves. He swallowed thickly but did not break eye contact.

"Um, now is probably a good time to say something... anything," he muttered.

Without hesitation, I placed my hands on his neck and kissed him.

Leaning my forehead against his, I closed my eyes.

"I love you, too," I whispered.

---

Hello, crack on the ceiling. Hello, smudge on the mirror. Hello, sleeping spider on the wall.

Hello not-so-sleeping spider that is now walking towards me.

Stay back,.

I jumped up off the dressing room couch and backed my way towards the door, not once taking my eyes off the spider. I'm terrified of those things and I'm not letting it anywhere near me.

"Marcus!" I whisper-yelled as though any loud noise would anger the spider. "Marcus!" I repeated, slightly louder when he didn't appear.

I waited and the spider crossed about a foot of wall, coming closer to me.

"Marcus where the bloody heck are you?!" I yelled, bashing my fist against the door.

Within seconds, Marcus barged into the dressing room, panting as though he'd been running. "What's wrong? What happened?"

Wordlessly I pointed to the spider on the wall. Shooting me a disapproving look, he slid off his shoe and slapped it against the spider. I gaped at him.