two

down by the barrens (part one)

 she had no idea why those four boys were going to the barrens, well actually she sort of did

she had no idea why those four boys were going to the barrens, well actually she sort of did. eleanor had been hiding behind a tree, listening to their conversation and praying that they wouldn't catch her. however, things never seemed to go her way and down the hill she came. the blue-eyed girl quickly, yet awkwardly jumping up on her feet.

"what the hell is she doing here?!" the annoying kid exclaimed and she gave a glare. "the same reason you're here," she replied brushing off the grass and dirt from her clothes. "y-you're bleeding," one of them stuttered and she shrugged it off, not giving a care in the world. "are any of us actually going there, or are we just going to stand here?"

they all shared looks before making way to the sewer system, allowing the girl to take in their appearances without getting caught. eleanor took note that the stuttering one was quite tall and had straight brown hair with a scar going through one of his eyebrows.

the shortest one had thick brown locks and gorgeous eyes, while the obnoxious one wore glasses that made his eyes look really big. meanwhile, the other tall one had amazing curls on his head, along with a jawline that was sharper than the pocket knife in her left shoe. "so do you guys have names or something?" 

"richie."

"b-bill."

"stanley."

"and i'm eddie," they all introduced and she was glad to place names to faces. "w-what's your n-name?" bill asked and she wondered how he didn't know, after all she was the girl everyone had been talking about at school.

"it's eleanor, right?" stanley inquired and she nodded in response, assuming he only knew because of the whispers around town. "she's in my math class," he explained to the boys and she looked up from the ground. guess they haven't heard, she thought to herself.

"is this poison ivy? cause' i'm starting to get itchy, and that's probably not good for my-" eddie began as they finally reached the entrance to the gross sewer system. "do you use the same bathroom as your mother?" richie asked, following his tallest friend further into the sewer. eleanor right behind him almost gagging at the disgusting smell.

"well.. sometimes.. yeah," the shorter boy responded, furrowing his brows together in confusion. "then you probably have crabs," richie joked earning a questioning look from the girl. "that is so not funny," eddie replied and from what she assumed- this seemed to happen on a regular basis.

🎈

okay so this scene at the barrens is split into two parts, this chapter and the next one. just so you know!
-trashytacos