four

alley way conversations

          "what's your name kid?" eleanor asked the boy, sitting him down on some crates

"what's your name kid?" eleanor asked the boy, sitting him down on some crates. "it's ben, ben hanscom," he replied and she mentally groaned. "this might hurt, but until those boys come back with medical supplies, we need to put pressure on the wound to hopefully stop the bleeding, okay?" she explained and he nodded.

"okay, can you lift your shirt up?" she inquired and he did so, allowing her to see the letter carved into his skin. "jesus, henry bowers did this?" she asked although she already knew the answer. the ocean eyed girl crouched down, pulling her backpack off her back and opening it- pulling out an old shirt and ripping some of the fabric off it.

"how do you know what to do?" richie asked and she glanced at him. "my mother used to be a nurse before we moved here, learnt a few things from her and some of this just comes naturally to me," the dark-haired girl explained and he nodded.

her small hands moved quickly, pressing it against the bleeding wound and causing him to wince. "sorry, but i told you it would hurt," she muttered, "hold that there and apply pressure." the two boys watching her with careful eyes. "you're good at it, should be a nurse when you get older," richie told her, "until then you should be our friend, be there to patch us up if something happens."

"thanks, but no thanks," she laughed softly before an awkward silence fell amongst the three. richie wondering why she didn't want to be their friend, she already had hung out with them that entire afternoon practically and it couldn't hurt for it to become a regular thing.

"what kind of music do you listen to?" ben queried pointing to the headphones that hung around her neck. "it's a mixtape my little sister and i once made, just a bunch of random songs we liked at the time," she smiled sadly pulling out the walkman from her jacket pocket.

"did something happen to her?" he asked and she looked up at him before hearing all the boys come back from the pharmacy. "let el do it, she knows what she's doing," richie stated to the boys and they all looked to her. "it's eleanor, not el for your information and give me the bag."

eleanor had sort of zoned out the conversations around her, focusing on bandaging up ben. however, that didn't stop her  from having her own conversation with herself. what could possibly go wrong if they became friends? 'probably the same thing as last time, that's why you shouldn't get attached to people in the first place,' she thought to herself.

🎈

this chapter is probably really bad lol, oh well?
-trashytacos