fifteen

a new recruit

"alright, shut up richie

"alright, shut up richie." eddie called. the group of losers tired of richie's yapping. "yeah, shut up richie." stanley repeated.

"oh, okay. trash the trashmouth, i get it." richie started again and eleanor was prepared to put her foot out in front of his wheel, no matter how much it would hurt her. "hey, i wasn't the one scrubbing the bathroom floor and imagining that her sink went all eddie's mom's vagina on halloween."

"she didn't imagine it." bill spoke out and they all came to a stop, preparing for what the boy had to say. "i.. i s-s-saw something too."

"you saw blood too." stanley asked and bill turned his head towards the curly haired boy and the now very quiet girl.

"not blood." bill shook his head slightly."i saw. g-g..georg- georgie. it seemed so real. i mean, it seemed like him- but there was this-"

"the clown."

all eyes flickered to eddie who appeared to be trying to collect all his thoughts at once. "yeah. i saw him too."

ben nodded, making it evident that he had seen the clown aswell.

"wait. can only virgins see this stuff?" richie cut in and eleanor scoffed this time. "is that why i'm not seeing this shit?"

"oh shit. that's bill hodgkins car- we should.. we should probably go." eddie stated nervously after hearing the calls of the assholes who had terrorised all of them at one point or another.

"wait.. isn't that the homeschooled kids bike?" bill queried and eleanor turned to him after inspecting the bicycle.

"yeah, that's mike's."

"we- we have to help him." beverly said.

"we should?" richie responded and eleanor punched him in the arm.

"yes." beverly and eleanor retorted in unison. the two girls and bill dropping their bikes on the road before rushing off, the others repeating the action and following after.

they immediately found themselves at the edge of a stream and rage quickly built in the pit of eleanor's stomach as she watched the three bullies tormenting mike. as soon as bowers picked up the heavy rock, ready to smash it into mike's head, eleanor picked up one of her own and threw it at the boy. she thanked her father for making her take baseball for a year, where she had become a great pitcher.

the four on the other side of the stream immediately turned, finding eleanor there as the other losers appeared behind her, shocked at the girl's throwing skills.

"nice throw." stanley commented and eleanor gave him a thankful smile. bill immediately picked up some rocks, along with richie as mike pulled himself through the cold water and over to his saviours. the rest of them picking up the largest rocks around them as henry regained his position.

"you losers are trying too hard. she'll do you, you just gotta ask nicely." eleanor watched as beverly crossed her arms self-conciously. a scowl forming on the short haired girls face.

"like i did." bowers smirked, grabbing at his crotch.

"and the other one will drag you down through her hell hole of a life. that's right, i know why you moved here." henry stated and eleanor mumbled a string of curse words. "maybe i'll add to the collection of scars you're hiding."

ben roared in anger, throwing his rock at the three across the stream- just hitting bowers as the rock flew over their heads. mike, watched as they all protected him by beginning to throw their rocks at the bullies.

"ROCK WAR!!!" richie yelled, right before getting hit in the head by a rock. this would've made eleanor laugh, if they weren't in this particular situation.

eleanor's piercing blue eyes met bowers and boy, oh boy.
this was certainly a war.