eighteen

trust me, they don't

it's a week before any of them spoke to eleanor again

it's a week before any of them spoke to eleanor again. stanley saw her on her bike one afternoon riding past his house and beverly watched her at the pharmacy collecting a prescription.

they all spotted her one way or another, but her energy had shifted and she didn't seem as bright or energetic. mike was the only one who spoke to her during that week, stopping by every afternoon.

it was undeniable that they had bonded quickly and it was mike who spilled the truth to her that stanley had shared her fears with them all. he promised her they were all upset that she had stopped speaking to them.

"you know, when my sister died and i spent months grieving, no one spoke to me. in fact, they all treated me like i was some alien and that's what sucked the most because i had no one," eleanor explained. "i still feel like i have no one, even though deep down i know i have all you guys. i'm just scared that one day you guys won't be here anymore."

mike looked at the girl sitting next to him on her bed and sighs softly, "i'm taking you to see the rest of them, they're wondering where you've been eleanor."

"what if they hate me now?" the dark haired girl questioned and she glanced up to meet his eyes.

"trust me, they don't."

🎈

hey guys, here is a really short filler chapter. my apologies for not publishing in forever, i'm planning on posting another chapter soon after this one.

love, -trashytacos