nine

history and a well house

they had all arrived at ben's house

they had all arrived at ben's house. small talk and banter amongst them when they made their way, but eleanor has zoned out from the conversation. she knew that what she saw wasn't real, but somehow it made her stomach clench with fear and confusion.

upon entering ben's room, they were met with dozens of missing posters, maps of derry and historical evidence hung on the walls. it was something that a certain dark haired girl was familiar with, having one very similar amongst the walls of her unused garage. she gave a soft smile to ben.

"this shit is so cool," she told him as she took a seat on the edge of his bed. the information was something she had read and seen before, none of it was new to the dark haired girl. however, a certain newsletter stuck out to her.

"where'd you get that one from?" eleanor asked pointing towards the one she never wanted to see again. "it's from the town over, i thought it might have something to do with the creepier side of derry," ben replied and she hummed softly.

'girl brutally beaten and stabbed by her friends,' the headline stated and she felt her stomach twist. those girls were never her friends and never would be.

"what's that?" eleanor heard stanley asked and she stood from the bed to get a look at what he was talking about. along the wall was a long document with random highlights and underlines on certain lines. "that's? that's the charter for derry township."

"nerd alert," richie laughed and eleanor could only roll her eyes. "no, actually it's- it's really interesting. derry started as a beaver trapping camp-"

"still is, amiright boys?!" richie exclaimed raising his hands for high fives, only to be ignored by them.

"ninety-one people signed it, but later that winter they all disappeared without a trace," ben has continued, also ignoring richie's annoying comments.

"the entire camp?" eddie questioned, his face holding shock and maybe even fear. "there were rumours of indians but no sign of an attack. everybody just thought it was a plague or something. but, it's like, one day everybody just woke up and left."

ninety-one people gone, overnight. the story gave them chills. "the only clue was a trail of bloody clothes leading to the well house," eleanor finished for him with a blank face.

"jesus," richie blurted out as his annoyingly joking facade dropped and he was invested in the story, "we could get derry on unsolved mysteries!"

and he was back to his annoying self. each then continued to flick through the information that was sprawled across the room, the boys laughing about it, but to eleanor it was no joke.

"maybe he's trying to make some friends, stanley," richie answered something stan had said. sarcasm dripping from his tongue.

"w-where is the well house?" bill queried, he himself had been going through the piles of historic evidence and had found some projector slides that the odd boy had collected.

"i dunno, somewhere in town i guess. why?" ben asked the stuttering boy. "nothing," bill replied and eleanor turned to him with her eyebrows furrowed. was he thinking about going there? who knows, but eleanor made sure that she was going to stick with him. after all, they both had lost their siblings.

while one hoped that their sibling was alive somewhere, the other wanted justice and revenge for the death. whatever or whoever was taking the kids from derry was going to pay.

🎈

guess who's back! me, i'm back!
sorry it took me so long to get another chapter out, i've been busy with school because it's my last few weeks and have been working on a new book! so yeah!
i'll be writing a lot more now though since holidays are right around the corner and i won't be doing anything else exciting lol :)
anyways, hope you're still going to stick around for the rest of the book and enjoy!
-trashytacos