seven

the big step off

the young girl couldn't pin point the source of why she was frantically pacing her room, there were too many things going on it was stressing her out and making her anxious

the young girl couldn't pin point the source of why she was frantically pacing her room, there were too many things going on it was stressing her out and making her anxious. her mind debating whether or not she was going to go down to the quarry, would that make them friends?

"just go eleanor, it won't hurt to leave the house and have some fun," her mother said from the open door. she whipped her head to her mother and shook her head. "what if something bad happens?" eleanor queried and her mother shrugged. "you'll know what to do, you're a smart girl."

eleanor sighed deeply, "fine." the smile on the older woman's face was definitely noticeable before she walked off to her own business. the blue eyed girl grabbing her cover up from her bed and slipping it on before sliding on her clean converse and rushing downstairs to grab her bag by the door. "you know the curfew, be back by seven!" karen called from the kitchen.

the door slamming behind the short girl in response. she quickly got on her bike and in no time was at the quarry, dropping her bike and bag on the floor and grabbing the attention of the five boys who appeared to be hesitant of jumping off. "what are you going to do, stand there all day?" she remarked pulling off the cover up.

eleanor stood in her underwear watching them for a second before sighing, "you're a bunch of pussies," and with that she ran and jumped, cannon balling into the clean water that was nothing compared to the sewer water from the previous day.

she swam a bit before just floating, waiting for the others to come down. her eyes closed as she tipped her head back relaxing, stanley thought she looked serene which wasn't usual for the girl who seemed to always be on the verge of snapping. it was different and he couldn't tell if he liked it or not. however, the clearing of a throat made him turn his head.

the girl who was already in the water heard a splash and opened her eyes, beverly marsh coming up from the water and smiling at her. "eleanor right? you've got amazing eyes," the red-head spoke and a smile grew on eleanor's face too. eleanor had heard the rumours of the pretty girl, not believing them for the fact they were stupid and came from people who loved to start shit that they didn't intend on ending.

"thanks and yeah, also i love what you've done to your hair!" eleanor compliment and they both smiled at each other before the boys began jumping down. "finally," the dark-haired girl rolled her eyes jokingly as they came up from under the water, "now who wants to play chicken?!"

the idea that she was making friends not coming to mind as they played in the water for hours, this moment was serene and so was she. no one knowing that this would change quicker than they thought.

🎈

flippity flop, i actually updated finally! sorry bout' that! enjoy, also thank you for over 1k reads omgsh!
-trashytacos