Chapter 4 - Gilbert

A.N. Heyo, chummy pal buddy amigo friends lit squad fam, wassup?! Sorry this is really late, I'm terribly irresponsible, I'm pretty much the reason this story might drag. I just wanted to say, Thank you guys SO SO SO SO SO MUCH for 39 reads and 6 votes! It means a lot to us! And even though it doesn't sound like much to some big time author, I think it's absolutely fantabulous~ 

Okay, inspirational quote of the day time! Stay in school if you're still in school or being homeschooled! If you're not in school yet, then HOLY DOITSU, YOU'RE A SUPER GENIUS, ALL HAIL THIS AMAZING LITTLE HUMAN BEING! If you're out of school, then you have enough money to get something to read this on and enough time on your hands to read our story, so keep doing what you're doing, because it's working for you! Keep being great, my lovelies!

So, this is the chapter where Mattie and Gil meet, and OH MY DOITSU THEY'RE BOTH SUCH DORKS! Just - I love this chapter, I think this is my favorite of the ones I wrote~

Also, you'll get the picture when you get a good portion of this done. Again, WE OWN NOTHING!!

(P.S.: Feel free to comment, I low-key-high-key love comment chains and jokes in the comment section, that's one of the things I check for first!)

~See ya soon, peeps; Llama Queen~

A.N. Small edit! No need for a re-read! I just found out that polack is actually a racial slur, so I most certainly won't be using that word here!

*******************************************

Gilbert had woken up most of the castle by screaming into his pillow.

"Gott, can you be any louder, bruder?" Ludwig questioned through the open doorway, already dressed (like always) and irritated.

"I can't help it, I'm nervous!" Gilbert wailed.

"I told you, this ball is nothing to worry about. It'll be fine."

"It's not that! Well, it kind of is. But it's also..."

"What?"

"...I -" Gilbert hesitated.

"East, spit it out."

"...I forgot to fluff the pillow for Feliks."

"Seriously East?! That's what you're worried about?!"

"No, you have no idea how angry he gets. You have to get out-"

"I SWEAR TO GOD, GILBERT! I'M, LIKE, GONNA TOTALLY MURDER YOUR ASS!"

The blond ball of fury kicked his door down and entered his room in a similar manner as the day before, except this time, he was so furious the steam coming out of his ears was near-visible. Ludwig, finally understanding the severity of the situation, turned to his brother and uttered one word.

"Run."

Together, they dashed to the closest window and jumped out.

***************

After nearly running the perimeter of the castle grounds and being beat up by a small yet relentless teenager, the three ate breakfast and Gilbert apologized for not preparing the pillow correctly. A couple hours later, the preparations for that night were set and the Great Hall was ready for the gold-themed night. There were streamers everywhere, gold balloons, and a gold carpet for the people to enter on. In Gilbert's opinion, it looked like the sun had thrown up on the ballroom, but he had to agree that it looked nice, so he got dressed in his golden suit. Ready to face the ball, he took a deep breath, and walked out his bedroom door...

...And promptly turned around, shutting the door behind him.

I can't do this! It's too important! He heard Ludwig knock on his door and shout something about being late. Calming down, Gilbert forced himself out the door and shut it behind him. There was no going back, so it was up to fate to keep him from ruining his life. Gott, I'm a sad person.