Chapter 7-Matthew

A.N. Hey guys! Fangirl here. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 140 READS!!! Seriously guys, it means a lot. So, a little shameless self promotion...do any of you guys have a Hetalia Amino account? Well, I do! I'm Hetafan13. I draw and write some stuff, so check it out if you want! Okay, enough of my rambling...enjoy the story!

"Hey guys, guess what?!" Alfred snarfed through shoveling cereal into his mouth.

Arthur held a napkin up to his face to block out the bits of chewed up food that were flying towards him. "Bloody hell, learn to chew with your mouth shut!"

"What is it, mon fil?" Francis asked. 

"Mattie, like, totally got it on with the prince!"

"Matthieu!" Francis exclaimed. "You only met him last night!"

"Are you serious?! I'm so disappointed in you, Matthew. What happened to courtship?" He sighed.

"W-what?" I turned beet red. "Alfred, that's not what happened and we both know it!"

Alfred succumbed to Arthur's glare and held his hands up in surrender. "Okay, okay, so they hit it off and talked a lot. They didn't do anything like that."

"You'd better not...not in this house..." Arthur began to grumble.

"Ignore him." Francis ruffled up both of his son's hair and grinned. "I'm so happy for you, Matthieu! And Alfred, I couldn't help but overhear last night, that you may have found someone as well?"

It was his turn to blush. "Uh, yeah...um...guess I did..."

"Good! Then we simply must met them. Right, mon amour~?"

"....I suppose." His face softened. "I'm happy for the both of you. You're growing up right before my eyes."

"Oh dear, here we go...Arthur's going to get all emotional. And before you know it, so am I! You two go on now if you've finished breakfast; I want you ready for tonight."

******************************************

I examined myself in the mirror, making sure that my suit didn't have a speck of dirt out of place. For someone who wore the same sweatshirt all week, I was being more meticulous now than I've ever been in my life.

This was the first time I've dressed myself up for a certain someone. For...Gilbert. Even his name made me blush. Would he talk to me again? I hope I wasn't too much of a bore.

No. No I wasn't. Time to think like my brother for a moment...wait, not exactly like him. Just think confidently. Gilbert spent the whole night talking to me before. If he was so bored by me, he wouldn't have stuck around.

"Moi Moi!" rang the voice of a familiar someone. Tino was sitting on his windowsill, a pleased smile on his face.

"Tino!" I grinned. "Nice to see you."

"I'm just here to check on you. You look great, Mattie!" He gushed. "I'm glad I was able to help you. This time, just make sure to get to the car first."

"No human Kuma?"

"Not unless you want to."

I turned to Kuma, who avoided my gaze. I think he was a little jaded. Human transformation isn't for everyone.

"I think I'll just get in the car with everyone. Thanks Tino."

"No problem~! Have a great night. Make sure to talk to the prince!"

Aaaaannnnddd there goes the blushing again. Tino noticed this and smiled warmly.

"Mattie! Get your ass out here! We're not leaving you behind again!" Alfred called from downstairs.

"Be right there!" When I turned to Tino again, he was gone. Right, time to go. I couldn't wait to see Gilbert again.

***********************************************

The palace was as magnificent as always. Living in one of the smaller houses just outside of town, I wasn't used to a huge house, let alone a castle. I glanced at Alfred, who was in as much awe as I was. Okay, delicate steps up to the door. One at a time.

Once I was halfway up the stairs, I caught a glimpse of Gilbert standing at the doorway. We locked eyes and his face broke into a huge grin. He waved his arm frantically.

"Birdie! Birdie! You came back! It's good to see you!" He shouted. I waved back. I can't believe he was that happy to see me....it felt good.

His younger brother nudged him in the ribs and he put his arm down, but not before smacking Ludwig's arm playfully in return.

When we reached the top, he held out his hand to me, which took me all the courage I could muster to hold. My face must be a blushing mess right now, and my palms are sweating, and maybe he'll be disgusted, and I-

I caught his eyes and he didn't look the least bit upset. More than anything, he was happy to see me.

"Hey Birdie~!" He said. "You look awesome."

"Y-you too..."

Then I remembered something I had forgotten for a moment-this was Gilbert. Sure, he was an incredibly beautiful prince, but he was also my friend. I want to develop a relationship with him, and I can't do that if I can't even get my words out.

"Hey, Gil!" Said Alfred. He was too informal...he barely knew him! Of course, I've only known him for a night, but I think It's okay...

"Oh, hey! Alfred, right?"

"Yeah. Just saying that that's my brother there. You'd better not make him cry or anything, got it?" He narrowed his eyes.

"I'd never," Gilbert vowed. "No way would I ever."

"Okay, cool!" Alfred smiled. "Then we're good. Bye dudes!" He started running towards the ballroom. "I've got someone to meet!"

"I must be doing something right if everyone here is finding someone," Gilbert observed in amazement.

"Really? Who else?"

"Oh, well there's that thing with your brother. Also, my brother found this guy called Feliciano....and my friend, Toni, seems interested in this guy named Lovino." He laughed. "I'm glad I'm bringing people together! It's a pretty awesome feeling."

"I bet," I giggled. "And just between you and me...Feli's liked your brother for awhile now."

"Oh really? Ha, this is great! My brother's finally going to have someone. I wish Toni luck, though...that Lovi's pretty snippy."

"Oh, he's fine," I said. "He's nice when you get to know him." I looked inside the ballroom. "Less people, huh?"

"Yeah." Gilbert shrugged. "I guess there were some people only there for me. When they saw us, they gave up. Oh well. I've got the awesome birdie here!" He winked. "And everyone else here is nice too. "

"I'm glad to see you too, Gil." He blushed and smiled.

"T-that's awesome! So, Birdie..." He gestured to the ballroom. "Would you like to dance with me?"