Chapter 8 - Gilbert

Happy October, everyone!! At least, where I am~

Sorry this is so frickle fracking late, I really have no excuse, high school just isn't treating me well. THE GAY SHIT GETS REAL THIS CHAPTER, PREPARE YOUR FANGIRL.

I'm not gonna spoil anything, but you're actually gonna like this if you like these dorks, trust me. Happy reading, and bonne journée~! 

FRUK VIDEO UP THERE, DON'T LIKE, DON'T WATCH, BUT IF YOU LIKE, WATCH!! It's a French song, and it's amazing, if you like it, please go give it a like, this person is amazing~ (If you don't like it, please don't dislike it, someone put a lot of hard work and effort into that, and I think it's a terrible thing to tear someone down like that)

Enjoy~!

*******************************************************************************

 Mattie needs to stop looking so cute all the time. Gilbert wouldn't be able to survive it. He was dressed in a simple grey suit with a subtle grey trim, but it drew Gilbert's gaze to him more often than necessary. He was worried he looked like he was staring.

Producing a single red rose from behind his back (it was so cliche, but he really didn't care), Gilbert handed it to Mattie. "For you, my good sir," he said with a smirk.

The blond giggled back and returned the jest. "Why thank you, my dear Gilbert, but what calamity has struck! I have nowhere to keep this bloom! What ever shall I do?" Mixed with his subtle shine (did he have makeup on or were the heavens just shining upon this little angel's face?) and his wild hand movements, Matthew looked like he was putting on a play with him starring the show.

"Well, there's a vase I set up for this. Unfortunately, it's on the other side of the room. Care to dance to it?"

Mattie hesitated. "...Ok, but I'll warn you, I'm terribly clumsy when I'm not on the ice."

"It's okay, I'll lead! Just do what I do."

Gilbert had cut the stem short enough to fit into a pocket, so he fixed it to Mattie's and led him to the dance floor. Gilbert, for the sake of formalities and to get a cute little giggle of Matthew's that he loved so much, bowed and offered the younger boy his right hand. Mattie took his hand with a laugh, and walked with Gil to the floor. Putting his hand on Mattie's hip and Mattie's hand on his shoulder, he stepped forward, to the side, backward, to the other side, and tried to keep things simple. His partner was focusing so hard on the steps and trying not mess up and didn't look up from their feet.

"Hey," Gilbert ducked his head to look eye-to-eye with Matthew. "If you keep looking at our feet, you won't enjoy yourself. Keep your eyes on me, okay?"

Mattie blushed and Gilbert melted a little inside again. "O-okay." He looked up and they started waltzing, having fun trying not to bump into other people.

About a minute later, they were gliding along, when suddenly a brunet with a suspiciously familiar curl bumped into Matthew, sending him straight into Gil's chest. Their faces were inches from each other's, and all Gilbert could think was Fuck, he's adorable. They both blushed furiously but stayed like that for a couple seconds, neither of them sure what to do about it.

Gilbert jumped back. "So, how about the garden, Birdie?"

Mattie, still blushing and eager to get the moment behind them, said, "Yeah, that's a good idea. Can you lead me there? I sorta forgot the way."

"This way~!"

********************

It seemed to hit the blond only once they had perched themselves near the pond again. "You didn't actually have a vase set up, did you?"

Gilbert shook his head with a sheepish nod. "I just wanted an excuse to dance."

Mattie shook his head with a grin. "You could've just asked me, Gil." Staring at the pond, he seemed lost in thought. Gilbert just stared at him, taking in the angel next to him. Like the night before, he was lost in his Birdie's beauty and didn't hear what he said.

"Gil?" Mattie was waving his hand in front of his face to try and get his attention. "You still there?"

Gil shook his head and quickly responded, "Sorry, Birdie, I was just lost in your eyes." Verdammt, did I actually just say that? That's so overused, he must think I'm insane.

Mattie blushed. "G-Gil!"

"Es tut mir leid, I have a bad habit of using terrible pick up lines when I get nervous. What did you say?"

His blush dying down a little (unfortunately for Gilbert), he repeated, "Do you want to try dancing again? There's no one to bump into..."

Gilbert smiled. "Ok, let's go." He led Birdie to the wisteria tree, and they started dancing to a song only they could hear. This time, the little blond didn't try focusing on their feet. He looked right into the prince's eyes. They kept mindlessly moving around, getting lost into each other's eyes. Slowing down, they eventually came to a stop, right by the trunk. There were little purple blooms in Birdie's hair, and the little mantra in the back of Gil's head was just getting louder and faster. FUCK, HE'S ADORABLE, WHAT DO I DO?

Before GIlbert had a chance to react, Mattie leaned forward and kissed him quickly, drawing back just as fast. Gilbert was having a hard time processing what just happened. Wait, so this cute- just - but we were- What?

"Sorry! I didn't mean to do that, I just-," Gil cut off Mattie's unnecessary apology with a returned kiss, with a little more force, only to show the younger boy that it was fine. His Birdie gasped a little, but kissed back, wrapping his arms around Gil's neck. The prince put one arm around Mattie's waist, hugging him closer, and the other hand in his hair, cradling his head. They stayed like that for a couple seconds, little flowers falling around them.

Reluctantly, Gilbert drew back to let his Birdie breathe. He was a little out of breath himself, but that was mostly because he just kissed Mattie and HE KISSED BACK. Mattie was gasping a little too, but he was smiling, so Gil had done something right. HOLY FRICKLE FRACKING SHIT, HE KISSED ME.

A little voice in his head (that sounded an awful lot like Ludwig) said, "This ball doesn't seem like such a terrible thing anymore, does it?"