Chapter 9-Matthew

A.N. Hey guys!!! THANK YOU FOR THE READS! It means a lot. Okay, in all seriousness, this is where chapters just won't be uploaded as often. Sorry guys, but as i'm sure you know, school isn't easy. Anyway, enough of that! Enjoy!

I kissed him I kissed him I kissed him I kissed him.

Those were the only thoughts racing through my mind as I left the palace that night. I kissed him. I freaking kissed him. Oh maple. My face could probably put one of Lovi's favorite tomatoes to shame right now.

And yet...he kissed me back. Not only did he kiss me back, he made it last long. And it was cute and romantic and just...oh maple!

After we kissed, I remember how we looked into each other's eyes for so long afterwards. I'll never forget the look of pure happiness that we shared.

Even our goodbyes were breathless, as we couldn't wait to see each other again.

It had only been two days, but I already felt my feelings rapidly changing from like to love.

But really...me? The beautiful, kind, funny, awesome Gilbert was interested in me? In a crowd of people, was I truly the first face he saw? All my life, I'd been trying to have people give me a second glance, and now...it was a wonderful feeling. It filled me with a comfort, and it felt like home. Was this how love felt? I had never felt it before, and I was so happy to feel the beginning of it now. 

Alfred seemed to notice my blushing on the car ride home.

"Okay dude, now I'm a little suspicious..."

"W-whatever do you mean?" I jumped and turned to face him.

"You're blushing like there's no tomorrow."

"Oh, um...w-well, I..." What to say? If I tell him that I kissed Gilbert, he'd make fun of me and maybe even use it as blackmail-or worse, get seriously mad!

"I, um...may have kissed Gilbert...? And he, uh, maybe kissed back...?" I stammered. Alfred stared at me in a shocked sort of silence for a moment. I then noticed that Francis and Arthur had also been completely silent, and must have heard the whole thing for themselves.

Alfred was the first to react. "YOU KISSED HIM?! You? You kissed him first? This is....hahahahaha! Good for you, dude!" He pat me on the back with such force that I lurched forward in my seat.

"There goes proper courtship," Arthur huffed. "I know it was courtship technically, but it's only been two days."

"Don't be so traditional, mon amour~" Francis teased. "I'm very happy for you, mon fil."

"Alfred...you won't tease me about it, right?" I asked tentatively.

"Huh? What are you talking about? Of course I'm going to tease you! I'm never gonna let you forget it!"

"Ugghhh," I buried my face in my hands. I underestimated him.

"But here," He offered. "When I kiss Kiku, I'll be sure to tell you."

"You haven't yet?"

"Not everyone falls in love during two nights, dude."

"Oh...yeah."

"Now now, here's an idea-when we get home, let's have some ice cream to celebrate for everyone!" Cheered Francis.

"It's one in the morning, though..." I said.

"Since when is that a problem?" Arthur gave one of his trademark "soft smiles" that made him so easy to fall in love with. (According to Francis.)

"Alright!" Alfred raised his fists in the air. "Ice cream at home!"