Part 1

HEY THERE.  Kamusta ka na? Matagal-tagal na rin nang huling beses kitang nakita. Matagal-tagal ko na ring hindi naririnig ang boses mo. Wala ka man lang bang balak na magparamdam? Just a simple 'hi' would do, you know. Hindi naman ako mapili. Alam mong napakababaw lang ng kaligayahan ko. Hindi na ako galit sa iyo. Nagtatampo pa rin, oo. Pero hindi na ako galit. Napagod na lang siguro ako at ang tanging gusto ko na lamang ngayon ay ang makita ka uli at makausap.

Puwede bang magkita uli tayo? Doon sa traffic light kung saan tayo unang nagkita. Naalala mo pa? Umuulan nun kahit maliwanag pa ang sikat ng araw nang hapong iyon. Nakakatuwang tingnan ang paligid dahil ang liwanag at napakaaliwalas ng panahon sa kabila ng pagbuhos ng mahinang ulan. Medyo nasisilaw pa nga ako dahil direkta akong tinatamaan ng sikat ng araw mula sa kinatatayuan ko nun. Pero gandang-ganda ako sa patak ng ulan, habang ang mga tao sa paligid ko ay hindi na alam kung saan pupunta para lang makasilong. Pero ako, hayun at hindi umaalis sa kinatatayuan ko habang hinihintay ang pagpapalit ng ilaw trapiko. Una dahil may payong ako, pangalawa ay dahil gusto kong sumali sa kakaibang tanawing hatid ng mayuming ulan na iyon sa gitna ng sikat ng papalubog na araw. That's when I saw you standing on the other side of the pedestrian lane. Gaya ko, parang naaaliw ka rin sa buhos ng ulan sa gitna ng katirikan ng sikat ng araw.

And then our eyes met. You slowly smiled at me and I thought the day couldn't get any better. The traffic light turned red, the cars stopped, and we walked across the street without taking our eyes off each other. You greeted me through a whispered 'hi' as you walked past by me. I smiled and continued to walk away, praying that it wouldn't be the last time that I'll ever gonna see you.

And it wasn't.

Remember that day when we met again inside the train? I was surprised to see you there, and happy too. I don't know...There were only a few people standing in the middle of the train carriage that we were in and you were a few meters away from me. You were busy reading a book then when you suddenly looked up and saw me looking at you. Once again, you smiled at me and slightly raised your hand to greet me. I didn't get the chance to greet you back coz I needed to get off the train. I turned back to get a last glimpse of you when I saw you running inside the train, waving at me as the train slowly sped away. Once again, I prayed that I would be able to see you again.

And I did.

I was on a bus on my way to Bataan when you turned up again in my life. You sat beside me and for the first time, I finally heard your voice. You had the gentlest voice I had ever heard, and the warmest smile I had ever seen. I could only listen to you, watched you, as you introduced yourself and went on telling me stories I couldn't even remember. I'm sorry for not focusing on your stories. I just couldn't stop watching you. I don't want to stop watching you because I'm afraid that I might not see you again. I heard somewhere that if you meet a stranger three times, its either you will stay with that stranger forever...or never see him again. I just wanted to have your image embedded in my mind so that if God decided not to let our paths cross again, I'll have enough memories of you to last me a lifetime.

Because God only knows how much I wanted to see you, again and again, everyday of my life.

But I guess God had some plans for us.

Remember that day when we parted ways in Bataan? In all our times talking to each other, I didn't know why we never did get to the part of taking each others' names. Or asking for each other's numbers. Again we walked away never knowing what would happen next. I'm thinking of jumping off that bus so I could ask you the things I wanted to know about you. But my feet seemed to be planted on the ground and all I could do was to ask God once more to let me meet you again.

And He did.

From then on, never again did you ever make me feel alone. You were always by my side, always trying to assure me that I'll always have you by my side, making me happy everyday, letting me know how important I am to you. You said you would never lose me again, that you would do anything just to keep me with you. You promised you would not allow fate to keep us apart again. You promised we would never have to look for each other again in this big and crazy world, because you would hold on to me no matter what.

You promised...

You promised you would never leave me. So why am I alone now? Why am I looking for you everywhere again? And why couldn't I find you? I'm shouting for you even in my dreams. Why couldn't you hear me? Can't you see I'm not happy anymore? Please come back to me and make me laugh again, make me happy again just by giving me that warm smile of yours. I'm not asking for too much. Just to see you again was enough. I'm reaching out my hand to you, to feel your touch once more, but I was only met by the cold wind and an empty space between my fingers.

...

...

Dear God, please let me see him again. Please give me one more chance to see him again. I promise I'll do anything for that one last chance...

Just...

One more time...