Part 17

HANNA WAS CALLING JULIUS in her dreams. But he doesn't seem to hear her as he continued walking away from her. She walked faster, ran even faster. But the distance between them seemed to get wider, as they get farther and farther away from each other. And the more she tried to come nearer, the more he seemed to move away. She reached out her hand to him, shouted his name but there was no voice coming out of her mouth.

She countinued shouting his name. Until he disappeared from her sight. Just like he always does whenever she would finally be able to see him, to touch him, to have him again in her arms. Whenever she thought she could have him back in her life again, he disappears. The Julius that had promised not to leave her no matter what happens, always leaves her behind. The man who promised to love her for the rest of her life...didn't even give her a single glance as he continued to disappear in front of her. And no amount of shouts from her could make him turn back to her.

Hanna felt the ground she was standing on slowly gives way. She started to fall, while her hands were still trying to reach out to Julius and still calling out his name. She continued to cry out to him, continued to helplessly beg him to come back and save her. But there was none of that. None of the Julius who used to be there at the slight call from her. None of the Julius who only gives her happiness every single day of her life whenever they were together. None of that...none of it anymore...And yet she kept on reaching out to him, she kept on holding on to that hope that Julius might eventually hear her and come back to finally save her.

Until a warm feeling seemed to touch her hand, holding her tight, never letting her fall from that endless space under her feet. Keeping a tight reign on her. Saving her.

Julius?

No, it doesn't feel the same as the hand she used to hold on. Though it has the same warmth, just not the same...sensation.

And then, slowly, everything seemed to stop moving. Around her, colors slowly appearing again. The color of the fadiing afternoon sun as its warm glow touched every falling leaves from the tree she was now standing underneath. She looked at the hand that saved her. It was gone now. But that unfamiliar warm touch was still there. She clutched her hand, trying to capture those lingering sensations. She didn't know why, but she could feel her heart lifting up and a smile curving her lips. That feeling of contentment slowly washed over her weariness as she started walking through that long winding road, with the leaves seemed to dance around her as it went past her.

She continued walking , following the road where her heart was taking her.

This feels good.

This feels...right.