Team Seven

**edited**

As always, comments would be appreciated ^^

I hope you find this version much improved from the original... because I wrote that when I was twelve and now I'm fifteen and I would hope that I've made progress...

Chapter 3: Team 7

                We were waiting at the training grounds for Kakashi to show up. It was weird that he was late, since back when we had been teammates, he had always been punctual and would always lecture Obito without fail.

                “Hey, Sakura,” I said. “Is he always late? It’s been an hour already.”

                “Yeah,” she muttered, sighing. “I don’t know why we even bother to show up on time anymore.”

                I had a feeling that it had to do with Obito’s eye. Perhaps some of his habits had been transplanted into Kakashi’s system along with his Sharingan.

                “Hey, guys,” came his voice from above. I didn’t bother looking up, as he landed not far in front of us. Great; another day with Kakashi was another day of torture. I’d been cooperating with him for the most part, but there was always that feeling of hate nagging at me whenever I looked at him. I’d kind of been hoping that he wouldn’t show up.

                “You’re late!” yelled Naruto and Sakura in unison.

                “Right,” he said, without missing a beat. “We’ll be sparring today, Taijutsu only. Sakura, face Naruto. Sasuke, you can face whoever loses.”

                “I’m beating you all today!” Naruto announced, glaring at Sasuke. Sakura hit him over the head, and I was glad for it because otherwise we would’ve had to break up the fight between the two boys. After a few minutes, Naruto came out as the winner, despite the fact that his Taijutsu kind of sucked.

                Sakura made her way over to me and Kakashi as Sasuke went out to face Naruto. “Sasuke’s going to win,” she said dreamily, her green eyes following the Uchiha’s every move. “He’s so cool!”

                There was definitely a love triangle going on here. I didn’t even want to think about it.

                And Sasuke versus Naruto? It had been obvious from the first day that Naruto held the Nine-Tailed Fox, and if Sasuke pushed him to that point, it could get serious. On the other hand, normally, Sasuke would beat up Naruto in three seconds flat. I decided that this wasn’t the best idea, so I stood up to intervene.

                “Sakura, go spar with Naruto,” I instructed. “Sasuke, you’re with me. Kakashi, just sit there and don’t do anything stupid – oh wait, you already are.”

                I didn’t bother catching Kakashi’s response, if there was one, and Sasuke slowly made his way over to me. He was the only one who didn’t respect me at all, but then again, he didn’t seem to respect Kakashi either.

                “You want me to fight you?” he said, and I nodded, taking up a fighting stance.

                “Taijutsu and natural abilities only,” I said. “In other words, everything except for Genjutsu or Ninjutsu.”