Trees

*edited*    

Anyone know "Trees" by Twenty-One Pilots? I was never able to completely figure out what that song was about but I like it XD

Chapter 9: Trees

                This.

                Is.

                A.

                Pain.

                TIAP.

                This was why I made sure never to get injured. When I did, it meant that everyone around me was waiting on me hand and foot, and I couldn’t go anywhere by myself. Want some food? Sure, but Kakashi has to carry you down, or you have to eat it up here. Want to go out and watch the Genin train? Okay, but Kakashi has to carry you there, just in case you make your injury worse. Want to go to the freaking bathroom? Alright, but Kakashi has to carry you there, too. Call for help if you need it. Why Kakashi, you ask? Because apparently, everyone felt as though Kakashi was the only one strong enough to carry a grown woman everywhere.

                I was pretty sure that Sasuke was more than capable, and Tazuna was a bridge builder. With muscle.

                In short, this was the worst thing ever.

                I was sitting outside, leaning against a tree as I ate my breakfast of a banana found on Tazuna’s counter. Kakashi had introduced the tree-climbing exercise to them earlier that morning, before I’d woken up (because nobody had bothered to wake me up), and so now I sat watching them fail. Or rather, I sat watching them fall.

                “Ow!” Naruto yelled in frustration. Sakura had nearly made it to the top already, and I applauded her natural ability. Sasuke was about in the same place as Naruto, much to his displeasure. Kakashi had decided to vanish into thin air, which I didn’t really care about, considering that if he wasn’t here, then he couldn’t try to be my personal maid.

                “Naruto,” I called, and the blonde turned to look at me from where he was lying on the ground. “You’ve got to learn to focus.”

                He angrily pounded his fists against the ground. “I’m focusing!”

                “Focus harder. Sasuke, calm down. Relax.”

                “I’m calm,” he muttered, his fists clenching and unclenching. “Any other useless tips?”

                His eyes nearly flew out of his head as my shuriken embedded itself in the tree right above his head. He slowly turned and looked at me. He wasn’t glaring at me, though; instead, his eyes were slightly wide and his lips just a bit parted.

                “Kira-sensei, don’t kill Sasuke!” Sakura cried from above. Naruto was now watching with interest.

                Sasuke’s mouth snapped shut, the surprise disappearing from his face.

                “Respect,” I said coldly. I’d taken my hair out of its usual braid, and the breeze was blowing it around my face. “I’m pretty tolerant, usually, but that doesn’t give you an excuse to be rude.”

                Sasuke’s eyes softened, just a bit. “Sorry,” he mumbled, gripping his kunai again. He wrenched my shuriken out of the bark and spun it at me, making sure that it came to a halt on the ground right beside me. He looked up at his goal and took a deep breath, before putting one foot on the tree, making a run for it.